Headphones while Riding ?

GoldenMotor.com

breath_easy13

Aug 27, 2019
North Caronlina
Would you say wearing head phones while riding is unsafe ?
I've read about the jaw head phones, that play music through your jaw instead of ears so that you can still hear perfectly fine. Not sure how well they work.

Obviously if your riding where theres no cars or traffic, headphones are fine but im talking about small town cruising.

What are your opinions ?

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Before I'd even consider anything like that I'd look up my local statutes about earbuds on bicycles. Many places it's illegal to wear earbuds at all while cycling. Other places will allow one earbud to be worn. I say this because some cop pulling you over may not even know what jawphones are. If where you live you're allowed to wear two earbuds then you have nothing to worry about legally.

breath_easy13

Aug 27, 2019
North Caronlina
Before I'd even consider anything like that I'd look up my local statutes about earbuds on bicycles. Many places it's illegal to wear earbuds at all while cycling. Other places will allow one earbud to be worn. I say this because some cop pulling you over may not even know what jawphones are. If where you live you're allowed to wear two earbuds then you have nothing to worry about legally.
true, i guess a mini speaker would do the trick too

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry