Having the hardest time fixing my bike

GoldenMotor.com

MD_02_Julian

Jun 2, 2018
Hello I have a 2 stroke bike that starts but doesn't accelerate eventually it dies. I've cleaned everything. When I turn the wheel and physically touch the tip of the spark plugs it doesn't shock me. What could it be? The last run I had with the bike was that the bike would decelerate a lil and start to spatter also it wouldn't idle when I'd hold the clutch down. It would work fine one moment then the next moment it would spatter and slow down. It does turn over still and I put a gap in between the engine and the exhaust 1/8.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
does the engine pull you when you twist the throttle? if not, it isn't really running or not running properly - maybe just the choke is still on

if it pulls when you use throttle, then use the lock button on clutch lever to lock the clutch and then reach down and turn the idle screw in a bit

MD_02_Julian

Jun 2, 2018
The engine stays on as long as I keep pedaling. It can't idle either the idle screw is well in there, almost all the way in.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
idle all the way in usually means too rich - move the clip on the carb needle closer to the top so needle hangs lower in the slide