Hauling firewood and essential supplies 3800 feet above sea level

GoldenMotor.com

CryptoRider

Oct 6, 2021
You could have pedaled that Cryptorider
Factor in the rolling resistance and you would be brave to "pedal it" without an engine. With 6 trailers attached, the whole combination slows down decending a hill without engine power.
In the beginning i was thinking of methods to add trailer brakes to the assembly but after the first test ride with some weight added to the trailers, it became obvious that there was a fair amount of rolling resistance. The 9 inch front disk rotor and 6 inch rear disk rotor stop the trailer train in a hurry when required.
One day i'll make a video of the 6 trailer train loaded as heavy as possible on a reasonably steep hill. With a few extra modifications, i'm thinking that a good 300 kilos (660 ponds) can be hauled in low range 1st gear; hauling firewood to the car trailer.
As things are, the 6 trailer train holds (by the maths) 1/3 of a cubic meter (0.39 cubic yard) without hungy boards on the smaller bicycle trailers. The car trailer holds 2.4 cubic meters (3.12 cubic yards) and the last time i filled the car trailer using the trailer train, 8 trips were required for a full load.
It must be remembered that the bike wasn't hauling paper light softwood but properly heavy hardwood. With hungry boards on the bicycle trailers i'm confident i can get the cartage capacity up to 1/2 a cubic meter (.65 cubic yard).

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Should have known. I reckon some sort of welcome is proper. Cheers and welcome aboard Crypto.
Mind you I am likely the most curmudgeonly of our lot.
Stay safe. Ain't many of you from OZ on this forum.

Tom

CryptoRider

Oct 6, 2021
Ain't many of you from OZ on this forum.

Tom
You won't find many Australians on here because our fascist government has banned all forms of liquid fueled motorised bicycles.
The land of Australia is no longer any representation of the true values that made Australia such a great place to live. I feel like a foreigner in my own country that is being corrupted beyond belief by politicians that are doing everything in their power to destroy this great country and turn it into a basket case

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
"The land of Australia is no longer any representation of the true values that made Australia such a great place to live."
You can emigrate to the States. Home of the free and the land of the National Rifle Association.
Not quite your Nanny State yet, but we are working on it. Cheers!

Tom

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
You won't find many Australians on here because our fascist government has banned all forms of liquid fueled motorised bicycles.
The land of Australia is no longer any representation of the true values that made Australia such a great place to live. I feel like a foreigner in my own country that is being corrupted beyond belief by politicians that are doing everything in their power to destroy this great country and turn it into a basket case
That is a shame that's the direction Australia is heading. My first clue to the madness you endure was when I was researching Nerf Blasters for our indoor kids' place in Salem, OR. I found out Hasbro had to sell less-powerful versions to Australia of what are arguably pretty gutless toys already! Geez, it won't be long before the Government Pre-Chews our food for us before barfing it into our plates!