Has anyone tried putting pedals on a dirt bike to turn it into a moped?

GoldenMotor.com

Transportation

Oct 8, 2016
Gilbert AZ
These look like they'll be perfect for 15~18mph cruising on bicycle lanes only if they had pedals.

These have all the safety features of a motorcycles such as disc brakes and dual suspensions only cost $300

How hard would it be to install a bicycle sprocket on the left side of the rear wheel and install a crank on the frame?

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I like your thunkin'!

Lookin close, looks like the gearbox might be whats some times called a "hoot" And they ain't, lol.

Might could bolt on the sprocket. The BB, personally, I would weld but would be one of those depending on tools, etc. And if it's a hoot box, ya might have to immediately replace. Hard, not seeing left side clearances.

But definitely doable.

Transportation

Oct 8, 2016
Gilbert AZ
I like your thunkin'!

Lookin close, looks like the gearbox might be whats some times called a "hoot" And they ain't, lol.

Might could bolt on the sprocket. The BB, personally, I would weld but would be one of those depending on tools, etc. And if it's a hoot box, ya might have to immediately replace. Hard, not seeing left side clearances.

But definitely doable.
Here's the left side picture of the bike. Does it look like a hoot box?

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I dunno. It's $300 Lily dirt bike so I wouldn't expect to good of any thing. Some thing like a bb and that kind of stress. Would be best to have a pro weld it. Or.

Could see if there are holes or drill so you could bolt or u-bolt one on.

Almost any thing can be done!

That is gonna look funnkywith pedals!