Handlebars

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by MoonKS, Apr 9, 2008.

1. MoonKS

MoonKS New Member

Hi all. I am looking for handlebars in a particular style - I have a few photos below. I scoured eBay, Google - just about everywhere I could think of. I even stopped in a few motorcycle stores that deal with vintage and new parts....nada. One guy said, "Just buy beach cruiser bicycle handlebars" - but they aren't quite the same...different angles altogether.

Anyone have any good sources for something like this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Matthew

2. deacon

deacon minor bike philosopher

Your best bet would be to have someone bend them for you then chrome them. I'm not sure what size the pipes are either, but once you know a good muffler shop can maybe bend them up and then you can have them chromed.

3. RedB66

RedB66 New Member

4. jezusjonz

jezusjonz New Member

APEHANGER KRATE CHOPPER STINGRAY BICYCLE HANDLEBARS
    GREAT BARS FOR ANY STINGRAY OR RALEIGH CHOPPER BIKE Item number: 350044232321
    nearest I have ever found to that style is the item above but not these that are being sold. This seller has a set of double bend ape hangers which are the second from the right that I think that you cut off the final bend it would be close to what your looking for. THe only problem with them is that the center is only 7/8s compared to 1 inch normally. I bought the middle set from him and they are just wider than what I was looking for.
    Hope it helps TERRY

Attached Files:

#4 jezusjonz, Apr 9, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  5. nogoodnic

nogoodnic New Member

Heres a place I've found First Flight Bicycles - Vintage Parts about halfway down the page labled Cross Bar Handlebars. I've personally not delt with First Flight but have heard they have a good reputation...Kelly

6. Ghost0

Ghost0 New Member

Try this place, if they don't have what your looking for I don't know who will.
    Bicycle Parts

7. saulgood

saulgood New Member

The bars in the picture look like they could be reproduced by sliding larger i.d. extensions on to some fairly common cruiser bars, then welding and chroming (you might need to do a little bending inward to keep them more parallel). To fit standard throttle and clutch controls though, butt welding similar o.d. extensions would be better.
    BTW, I know this post is a year late, but I'm in the market for the same type of bars and I was hoping I wouldn't have to go through that much trouble. Did you ever find what you were looking for?
    saul

8. DOC BOLM

DOC BOLM New Member

jpcycles.com has the bars part#37-119.They are in the vintage catalog.HARLEYS DAD