GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
GT 1.jpg
GT 2.jpg
GT 3.jpg
GT 4.jpg

Just completed and testing- this bike must be doing close to 20 mph - under it's own power- almost as quick as my 50 China Girl, though not quite, and much lighter than a 2 stroker, AND absolutely quiet-just the slightest whirr from the hub.. The kit adds about 12-13 pounds to a bike that's light already with great rolling 700c x 28 mm tires.
The Stronglight 93 crank and small 39 chain ring are really too small to pedal assist at speed, but get me gong and I can spin in when I'm coasting back down. Took a six mile trip this weekend and then another joy ride later yesterday- I'm projecting a range of 20-25 miles a charge

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
20 miles today on the Jacksonville Baldwin Bike trail- a reconverted rail to bike way that runs west of the city- Pedal assist most of the way, with still battery charge remaining at the end. 36 volt, 14 amp battery, Ah, the quiet of it all! Beautiful!

P1030420.JPG

Last edited:

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
P1030416.JPG

P1030415.JPG

P1030425.JPG

For a Saturday and excellent 80 degree sunny weather, there were surprisingly few riders out on it. While I was rolling and not just sitting listening to the serene sounds of nature around me I must've averaged maybe 16'18 mph. I think I was out on it an hour and a half- going just past the 10 mile mark and returning to the beginning. Not a bad outing for a 64 year old codger.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
You might have noticed- I put some very light folding saddle bag baskets I got from China a couple of years ago- and was paying only about 10 a piece for- and very lightweight- they suddenly disappeared from availability, and then others were there more pricey and heavier. - these are much much lighter than the Walds- and much cheaper too- I don't need them on this ride- but they're great in town and fold away nicely wheeling the bike through the house or otherwise. Had a cable lock along I think I'll leave next time. The small hand air pump slides in under the worm clamps that hold the battery on the rack, and I've got a spare tube and tools now wedged under the seat, which I've changed to a Bell Cruiser from several years back, and after moving the controller further back..

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
P1010498.jpg

P1010501.jpg

More rides around town- mostly the usual for coffee- the six miles round trip barely gets only three battery lights showing rather than four. As a former cyclist- I really like this experience. While it would make the round trip under it's own power at close to 20 top end, I'm almost always peddling along with it- did I mention I didn't bother to set up the pedal assist function? It is just really possible to control the twist grip and assist without much other ado. I'm going out sometimes just to ride-

I'm getting near my old type of "race pace" (14 years in USCF long ago) without putting any more effort in the pedals than I do when I go out in my granny gears for 20 or 30n minutes- and seeing much more scenic territory, escaping my noisy home in an area much too industrial and hard to pedal out of otherwise.. And getting some nice aerobic exercise without putting too much tension in my legs or flaring my hypertension- I can control the amount I want to put into it.

The GT step through has always been a great roll, and once at speed I can coast down a block or more, much more if I keep a light spin going. All very quiet with no hot motor sputtering. I know a lot of people here aren't that much about bike riding , but I thoroughly recommend this if you are.
Happy Trails to you !
(^)

P1030422.JPG

Last edited: