Gruesome wreck. Lucky to be alive

GoldenMotor.com

Amarion1

Sep 15, 2012
Bellingham WA
Yesterday morning my work buddy that i built a motor bike for was late to work. Everytime that happens i worry. And this time i was right to.. he showed up a bit late when the paramedics dropped him off after he was struck by a car head on! He has a headlight and tail light and wears a safety yellow jacket and safety yellow helmet. This jack hole in the car hit him head on and he went up and over the car. The car drug the bike 40+ feet and sped up and took off according to a witness.. what is wrong with people?! Gah that makes me so mad! Our boss took him to the ER to get patched up and he came right back to work and again today. This kids a trooper i tell you. The witness said she felt so bad because he was laying on the ground bleeding and all he could talk about was his wrecked bike and that now he has no transportation to work. This happend just down the road from our shop too. The witness wants to chip in for a new bike and our boss and me and another guy too. I ordered a motor kit for him a couple weeks ago that ill put on a new bike for him when we get the money together for it. Told him not to pay me for the kit either and merry Christmas and dont do it again...

EVERYONE please be careful out there and keep a careful eye out for these morons!

Heres the carnage

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
1st thought Holy Crap !!
2nd thought he is one lucky S.O.B.
yup we sure are vulnerable out there.....

Amarion1

Sep 15, 2012
Bellingham WA
Hes very lucky. That nasty gash was the only injury. And that was through 2 layers of pants.

I told him hope you effed up that car at least

Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
Hope your co-worker gets well soon!
Hope they catch the driver of the automobile.
Was the automobile on the wrong side of the road?
Seems odd that a bicyclist would get hit "head-on", unless someone was on the wrong side of the road.
You might check for cameras in the area, and be able to use the video, to catch the perp.
Good luck, and hope he heals up quickly.

Amarion1

Sep 15, 2012
Bellingham WA
Hope your co-worker gets well soon!
Hope they catch the driver of the automobile.
Was the automobile on the wrong side of the road?
Seems odd that a bicyclist would get hit "head-on", unless someone was on the wrong side of the road.
You might check for cameras in the area, and be able to use the video, to catch the perp.
Good luck, and hope he heals up quickly.
From what he said and the gal that saw it happen it was the car in the wrong. How that happens i have no idea..

Seabass

Oct 22, 2016
Colorado
I. Fix semi trucks for a living. We installed a camera in every one of our truck for liability reasons and for reasons such as this hit and run. I think I should get one for my car too. That helmet cam is a good idea, maybe I need to attach my go pro to my helmet. I hope they find that car. Your fault or not you always stop for an accident. A CDL driver is required by law to stop even if he wasn't involved.