Grainger industrial is sold out of wheelmaster wheels

GoldenMotor.com

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Carson city has them and I check monthly...
So I got 5 sets for the hubs I have for the pedal bikes...
Now I can begin measuring for spokes...
I'm getting a feeling that something is going on with these wheel companies and it's not good when large companies drop inventory and bike shops are the only place that has them... And cheaper than they were over at Grainger... I have worksman for everything I need motorized... But there forever getting them... I haven't checked bowling industrial if there still selling them but they were very deeply back ordered and Grainger dropped them or not...
If you're interested in quality spokers this might be something to think about... Amazon has wheel master now and there site is nowhere to be found as of a month ago... And amazon is where companies dump there remaining stock when going belly up... Just a feeling ;)
5864e190a2cd3627a9913b8db186b638.1000x1000x1.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: fasteddy

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I already have a pair of rear coasters and now the front set to match on the way... Another thing to look for is the E110 coasters... I haven't looked around for a month but I'll probably get a few spares before those are lost to time as well... Forged axles and 5/16 to 3/8 adapters... And a slew of other bearings and bicycle junk I don't mind having a box full of...

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
For those who stumble across this I'm about the beach cruzer 1" threaded one piece bottom 26" stuff that's universal to the old school and BMX stuff... and I buy a ton of stuff so I try to keep current on the price and availability of this stuff...

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I found 2 E110 guts... Everything else is sold out except for some odd ball stuff... Hopefully it comes back in stock it hasn't recovered from COVID-19...
I found the pugeot 103 bearings.. $30 a pop from vbx... 12x30x9... 2rs... There's a $60 one that's probably ceramic.. I was looking into a tapered roller bearing for a cement mixer and seals for something else... And I haven't looked at the place in France 123 bearing I get most of that stuff from... Or PGN because there usually so cheap it's worth it to change them out for the difference... Just replace the grease with EP molly lube or bell ray I've been loving...
Kt coasters bought the same time one lasted a week with green water proof grease one that was just sprayed with bell ray blue tacky chain lube around the dust seals.. 2 years and it's just starting to loosen up.. 100+ weeks longer... I run them on the loose side so the shells don't take to much of a beating... Really looking forward to the Bendix morrows and mexico Bendix from the 50's and 70's... See how they like it...
And it's the worst time of year for bike stuff... There's also $250 in just sturmey archer brake adjustment bolts in my cart... There plentiful so it can wait... Just really glad it's going to be just spokes for 17 wheels... 3 -workman to 103 rears... 4 -19" x 185 Italian moped wheels 2 sturmey xlfld 90mm 2 103's and 10 for the pedal bikes... A set of Shelby's from the 50's that need stripped whenever... But I have them and it's a complete bike less a 'new process' coaster that was mangled by the previous guy...

Attachments