Golden Eagle gone?

GoldenMotor.com

longtail

Mar 17, 2021
I'm looking for a replacement drive belt for my Golden Eagle bike engine (bikeengines.com). The company seems like it is out of business. Can anyone confirm this? Also, does anyone have a link to a compatible replacement belt?

-John

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

longtail

Mar 17, 2021
Wow, that sucks. Those guys were awesome. I wonder if there are cad drawing for the drive ring. That seems like the most unique part of the kit.

SurfLung

May 11, 2021
I ended up finding the belt (minus the kevlar that GEBE had built custom) here:

Anyone have any information on Golden Eagle's status?
Thank you for that link. I just ordered a spare belt. I've had my GEBE since 2011. Had no trouble until this spring. My grand kids took it out of winter storage and next thing I know it has three broken spokes and the rear wheel is spinning crooked. I got that fixed but then the Tanaka 32cc PureFire motor is hard starting, won't idle. FOUND IT! Broken fuel line was leaking and then finally broke. Easy fix... All kinds of YouTube videos on replacing fuel line in Tanaka/Echo weed whips.

SO... We're not out in the cold. We have a source for belts and our motors are serviceable everywhere. RIP GEBE Company and thanks for my GEBE.

Reactions: Otero

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Am currently building a gas/electric hybrid with a 500w bafang front whl kit &
a GEBE with a Tanaka PF-4000. 80% complete

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Thank you for that link. I just ordered a spare belt. I've had my GEBE since 2011. Had no trouble until this spring. My grand kids took it out of winter storage and next thing I know it has three broken spokes and the rear wheel is spinning crooked. I got that fixed but then the Tanaka 32cc PureFire motor is hard starting, won't idle. FOUND IT! Broken fuel line was leaking and then finally broke. Easy fix... All kinds of YouTube videos on replacing fuel line in Tanaka/Echo weed whips.

SO... We're not out in the cold. We have a source for belts and our motors are serviceable everywhere. RIP GEBE Company and thanks for my GEBE.
Use a new filter & give it a shot off starter fluid into the carb after priming at 3/4 choke. Too bad
GEBE´s kaput; Patent expired & everyone´s going electric. Guess Julia just gave up? I improved
mine with a 15T pulley that grips the belt better, lets me cruise at 14 mph just above idle with a
tanaka 4210

Last edited: