Getting a M1 or M2 in CA

GoldenMotor.com

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Excuse me bairdco, thank you for that information. I mailed a check for $21 five days ago to California DMV for the bicycle license plate with ID card. So you're saying that they will send the paper work back in about 4 months and inform me that I owe them 2 additional dollars, or did they send you the plate saying you still owe them? I don't mean to step on this thread. Thanks again.

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
They sent me a registration form marked "incomplete application. This is not an operating permit."

No plate.

Under "instructions," it says "please complete new and revised reg 230." And they sent a new form.

I'm not sure if they want their $2. I think I'll send in the new form with a 2 dollar bill. Just to see what happens.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
After many years of enjoyment with motorized bicycles, I still don't realize the extent of the waiting game in almost all facets of this hobby.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
They sent me a registration form marked "incomplete application. This is not an operating permit."

No plate.

Under "instructions," it says "please complete new and revised reg 230." And they sent a new form.

I'm not sure if they want their $2. I think I'll send in the new form with a 2 dollar bill. Just to see what happens.
Did you send in the old 2 hp reg230 form instead of the updated 4 hp form?

Of course the DMV website still says $18 coz they never update it.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
I called the DMV. They told me to just send in the new form. Hopefully it doesn't take four more months to get the plate.

Not that it really matters to me. It's for my race bike, and the only time I'll ride it on the street is to go to donut derelicts once in a while.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Just for information: I sent the form: "REG 230 (REV.1 2015) www" (the 4 horsepower form) to California DMV with a check for $21.00. Today inside a 9 x 6 inch envelope I received the plate in a manila (brown) envelope with ID Card and attached Application for Transfer form. That was only two weeks ago.