Gastrike 79cc

Discussion in 'Motorized Tandems, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles' started by Steele, May 28, 2017.

1. Steele

Steele New Member

Recently recieved my 79cc predator trike kit from Gasbike. All in all, its a decent value at $189, but get a 60 tooth sprocket (or bigger) right away.
    I tried the provided 44 tooth on my 20 inch trailmate desoto, accelleration was non existent. When I stepped up to a 60 tooth, I still pedal some on takeoff (to save my clutch if nothing else), but it will actually rev out to a solid 35 mph-with the governor still installed!
    Only other thing was I needed to get a shifter cable for a tandem bike to use as the throttle cable, stock one is too short for my rig. Keep a baby's medecine dropper or something similar to add a few drops of motor oil to your clutch bushing, both sides, before each ride and you will avoid any unwanted clutch damage.

Dan likes this.
  2. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Howdy and welcome!

Nice write up, Steel, thanks.

Any pictures?

3. dogcatcher

dogcatcher Member

Pictures???

4. Steele

Steele New Member

Didnt know if I was able to post em yet till I had written a few posts.
    Ill send them to my email from my phone and try to git r dun tonight

5. Steele

Steele New Member

IMG_20170528_194443.jpg this is the point that is at now I wish I still had the picture of when it was still mounted on the regular 20 inch Trailmate Desoto.
    I pulled the back end of the DeSoto and mated it to this OCC Schwinn Chopper

indian22 and Dan like this.
  6. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Lookin' awesome, Steel!