Gasbike GT Frame owners?

GoldenMotor.com

Jeffh

Sep 24, 2017
Hey Guys and Gals,
I've been searching this forum and a couple others looking for reviews/ opinions/ experiences with this frame,
Gasbike GT . I haven't had any luck yet so I figured I'd ask. Sooooo, anyone?

Thanks

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I've built two, and while challenging to get all the parts, with some imagination and money they look pretty good. They are replicas of a Schwinn panther frame. The gas tanks are perfect but the straps and threaded strap bungs are cheap and weak. You will need your own straps and drill the tank. Too bad they don't fix this .
https://motorbicycling.com/threads/another-board-tracker-built-by-a-mistake.63410/
Yellow Harley tribute
My other one in the boardtrack thread is called
Copper indian

Good luck if you decide to get one

Reactions: Jeffh

Jeffh

Sep 24, 2017
I've built two, and while challenging to get all the parts, with some imagination and money they look pretty good. They are replicas of a Schwinn panther frame. The gas tanks are perfect but the straps and threaded strap bungs are cheap and weak. You will need your own straps and drill the tank. Too bad they don't fix this .
https://motorbicycling.com/threads/another-board-tracker-built-by-a-mistake.63410/
Yellow Harley tribute
My other one in the boardtrack thread is called
Copper indian

Good luck if you decide to get one
Thanks for the info!
I went through your build thread yesterday, you do beautiful work. If that frame and tank set work for you, I’ll certainly be getting one. So, you bought the set from Gasbike or one of its alter egos?

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I have never done business with Gasbike but an alter ego and the same tank and frame is available on ebay also.
Same Chinese company makes them... they have some other styles out now including a drop loop frame knock off and a flying merkel type.
I got the tool box off ebay also. I have never drilled stainless steel as hard and tough as they use in that tank..takes a full 30 min per hole using cobalt new drill bits... needed two for the top strap that they dont include either. It needs a top bracket strap also or the tank just wobbles side to side. As I said there tank brackets do not
fit at all the frame that comes with them. Weird thinking on their part.
The alloy frame is so light its scary.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Thanks for the nice comment also, I would suggest just getting everything powder coated it was only 125.00 for everything, that stuff is tough and glossy. I do have the tank pattern in my computer for the tank in case you need anything at some point.
IMG_0995.JPG

Jeffh

Sep 24, 2017
I have never done business with Gasbike but an alter ego and the same tank and frame is available on ebay also.
Same Chinese company makes them... they have some other styles out now including a drop loop frame knock off and a flying merkel type.
I got the tool box off ebay also. I have never drilled stainless steel as hard and tough as they use in that tank..takes a full 30 min per hole using cobalt new drill bits... needed two for the top strap that they dont include either. It needs a top bracket strap also or the tank just wobbles side to side. As I said there tank brackets do not
fit at all the frame that comes with them. Weird thinking on their part.
The alloy frame is so light its scary.
I’ve seen the stainless steel tanks on eBay for $199 and the same aluminum frame and tank set sold by Gasbike, but for $239. I found the tool box also, but I haven’t seen the drop loop or Merkel frames.

Jeffh

Sep 24, 2017
Thanks for the nice comment also, I would suggest just getting everything powder coated it was only 125.00 for everything, that stuff is tough and glossy. I do have the tank pattern in my computer for the tank in case you need anything at some point.
View attachment 96701
Thanks! I’m running color schemes around in my mind and have no idea what I’m going to do yet. A friend suggested leaving it bare metal and waxing it. If I went that route, I’d use black accents and maybe white wall tires.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Just search ebay under "Boardtrack Racer".
Drop look frames $375, Merkel is $475 and so on. Girder forks there also for 179, Tanks show up on spurious occasions then are gone for a bit then back on. Drop loop style is catching my attention at the moment...resist you must resist... my mind is telling me/ LOL
A guy is selling DYI complete kits for 2k
that include everything...seems a bit high? Yikes, I doubt finished they are worth anymore than that.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Personally
'I am not big on the raw look, to me looks like its not done. If in doubt black and gold is hard to beat. As is a nice vintage Red with gold accents/ z