Fun on Rockhopper

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Dave, what sprocket where you using when you nearly hit 50. Thats nuts man. I never would of thot you can get a regular ht to rev that high, I guess if you had a nos energy drink can taped to your frame it could be possible. :) howd you do it
Running a 36t, port, small increase in compression and advance the timing and of course pedaling your butt off. If you gear your (pedal not motor) bike correctly pedaling makes all the difference in the world. You have to pedal to get the rpm up.

No way can I reach anything near that on the race track, it takes a long distance to reach top end on the China Motor. 44-46 was normal for that motor so when I reached 48 I was surprised myself. That motor on my cruiser I could only do about 34-36mph, having the gears on the rockhopper makes all the difference. Pedal to get up to speed...wait for the motor to reach its top end then pedal like crazy to get a few extra rpms. It will hold that speed for a little while until you start to lose the rpms.

It seems like everyone just relys on motor power...but its a bicycle with pedals...use them! Thats extra hp and MPH.

*I believed I offered some kid the chance to race the Rockhopper during the main for last DR lol. You should have raced it it would have surprised you.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Dave with all the HT's running around Tucson,have you ever thought about posting on craigslist offering your expertise to help with the hard times? I hate to read about friends struggling. I wish the best for you and good luck at the not so dead race.

Adam
Thats how I keep going, I dont build or sell bikes anymore but I do lots of repairs and maintenance. Thats were this 50 came from...a good customer who I will exchange some service for him.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Today was a happy day, I worked out a deal to exchange some work for the little Grubee 50.

So I spent the day re-mounting the motor to the Rockhopper and also made some changes.

First thing I did was change the seat off my pedal bike and mount it on the Rhopper because the old one was falling apart.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I also added a kickstand, did not have one and was tired of leaning the bike on something. There was no mount for a kickstand on the frame so I had to kinda make my own.

Attachments