FS Staton inside drive and rear wheel

GoldenMotor.com
May 10, 2008
Nappanee, IN
i need funds for the production phase of my own jackshaft belt drive system introduction soooooooooo..................

i'm going to sell my Staton gear/ chain setup with the matching rear wheel and 7 speed pedal gears. this is the kit i prototyped as a vert. drive setup (like a Grubee) and am now running in standard horizontal configuration.

whole deal was purchased from original owner with approx. 1400 mls. total on it now.

details and price by PM only please.

thanks,
steve

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Steve,

How about a photo of the drive system as you set it up? You are on a search for excellence I see. The Staton will be great for someone yet. So did you get some miles of commuting in?

May 10, 2008
Nappanee, IN
Lenny,

unfortunately i've hit a dead end on trying to get my camera to co-operate. you can pick just about any inside drive example pic on the Staton site, i used all four support legs and the output shaft is deadcenter over the hub freewheel.

i put 2 gals. of breakin fuel thru my rebuilt engine with the drive in vert. configuration, only about 1 gal. after changing to horizontal. i did take it to work, 40 mls. round trip once running 40-45mph. i've put less than 500 mls on it since i've had it.

this is another very good piece of equipment, like the GEBE, just not what i was hoping for.

i've finfished all my prototyping for the jackshaft belt system and ready to produce a full proof of concept unit to torture test.

some one buy my Staton PLEASE !!

thanks,
steve

May 10, 2008
Nappanee, IN
well, i've gotten a few replies and some comments about why i'd put something for sale on a public site and not talk about price openly.

just the way i've done things on every forum i've been on. never figured what a buyer and i agreed to was public concern.

but, it's been brought to my attention that this leaves room for suspicion and distrust so..............................................

i payed $350. shipped for this setup a couple months ago and am lookin for the same.

i hope that lays to rest any doubts and concerns of value or being taken advantage of.

thanks,
steve

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I sold it and HE SPEAKS the truth. What business is it ..Oh well if they want to check prices Staton-inc.com shows the inside drive reduction gear box cost $239.00, hub cost $129.00, 48 stainless spokes cost $0.69 each, Ryno rim cost $33.95 wheel build labor would be about $40.00 and there are some other incindentals I can't remember but the value shows and the Staton gear box will last for many miles and years of hard use. I opted for a Whizzer and I keep experimenting with Shift kits and ideas I have for a better system.

May 10, 2008
Nappanee, IN
SOLD PENDING FUNDS.

things happen ,if you're interested you might want to claim 2nd or 3rd dibs.

Lenny,

you're a straight up guy, thanks for helping me out the way you have with ideas, encouragement and kits.

and YES for the busy bodies, Lenny had a hand in helping me sell my GEBE kit too. that's the beauty of RELATIONSHIP. you'll get it someday.

thanks,
steve

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Hello Detonator
I am saddened to see you selling the Staton equipment.
I love Staton reliability.
The best of good will and luck towards the dual belt drive.
I will agree to down grade my equipment to a 460 with a reed kit, chamber, etc and a direct drive system.
Looking forward to Christmas.

May 10, 2008
Nappanee, IN
SOLD PENDING FUNDS.

things happen ,if you're interested you might want to claim 2nd or 3rd dibs.

Lenny,

you're a straight up guy, thanks for helping me out the way you have with ideas, encouragement and kits.

and YES for the busy bodies, Lenny had a hand in helping me sell my GEBE kit too. that's the beauty of RELATIONSHIP. you'll get it someday.

thanks,
steve
payment recieved, shipping tomorrow.

thanks,
steve

May 10, 2008
Nappanee, IN
HEHE, yeah but you could take a nice little road trip to visit it. it's coming back out your way, to Greeley Colo.

i was tempted to bring it out myself, to see the mountains again. i spent 9 yrs. in Longmont Colo. met my wife there and all my children are VERY RARE Boulder County natives !! LOL

any body else been on top of Longs Peak at dawn ?

steve