FS or trade GEBE kit and 105g rearwheel

GoldenMotor.com
May 10, 2008
Nappanee, IN
i've decided to go chain drive in support of my new, hopefully permanent, build project.

i have a GEBE mount kit (no engine ) and a eagle/velocity 105g rear wheel w/ mounted drivering. only thing missing si the safety cover mount bracket. i used it to mount my header instead.

have 1225 miles on the setup.

$400.00 for the whole thing, save over $75.00 and i can ship the day i get funds.

if you have a 40cc and under engine running through a Staton 18.75 inside drive and want to go light for better response, lets trade.

thanks,
steve

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Steve,

I have an inside drive and rear wheel that I have been using. I want to use the sick bike parts kit so could sell mine if you have trouble getting a kit from Staton. Let me know as I will be keeping it otherwise as a backup. Right now I want to go the other direction but this is a bullet proof kit and probably what you need. The Robin Subaru EHO35 was a little underpowered for my taste but certainly dependable. I want to try it with gears to make up for low high end.

Last edited:
May 10, 2008
Nappanee, IN
well,

i seem to be talking to myself here, but my staton drive and wheel is paid for and shipped to me and i just want to move on, so i'm going to move the price to $350.00 shipped.

thanks,
steve

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I am looking and hoping that somebody sees and takes advantage of a great deal. This should be a bolt together for a Subaru, Tanaka or other sub 3 HP engine. Maybe you could tell some of how you have used it to great success in commuting up in Indiana? I know you have done some nice work on your bikes and were actually trying out a 5HP engine on this system.

May 10, 2008
Nappanee, IN
thanks for lighting this up some Lenny,

as most of our bretheren MB post lurkers would know, i did put this combination together specifically for work commuting.

i chose the GEBE drive system for simplicity, weight and quiet/ smooth operation along with the GP460 engine so that i would be able to cruise in the 35-40mph range.

in my 2 threads on the build there are pics and descriptions of the assembly and tuning in of the mount system and drivering. if i could get by running 25-30mph using this drive system and a smaller motor i would not even look at another system. but this motor pretty well takes care of a belt in about 1 months (1000 mls. ) IF i pay strick attention to the power band and don't let it have to much gas right at 8000-9000 rpm.

since i'm doing 240 mls a week on 2 gals. of gas i just don't want to put another $30.00 into belts every 30 days. nor have to worry about having to stop and put on the spare in the dark on the way into work.

so now i'm well on my way through the assembly of the Staton inside drive system with some novel assembly twist of it's own but that's another thread.

steve

Last edited:

sfeland

Aug 23, 2008
AZ
sports.webshots.com
Hi Steve, I am a friend of Lenny's and would like to take you up on your offer! I put together a motorized bike with one of the so called 80cc motors but I am getting ready to motorize my recumbent with a 79cc 4 stroke motor I removed off a 1800 PSI power washer I picked up at Checker Auto.

Thanks! Scot

Last edited:
May 10, 2008
Nappanee, IN
Scot,

that's great, i don't have my paypal set to accept funds so i guess you;ll need to shoot me a USPS Money Order and i'll ship when i recieve it.

my GEBE stuff is all removed and cleaned so it'll be sent the 1st day after funds arrive.

be sure to include your address with payment.

send me a PM and we'll work out the details

thanks,
steve

Last edited:

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Scot will put it to good use. We talked a lot about options and I showed him what you had done and he hopes to get this going on a recumbent. He is another farmer who makes all kinds of things work. He has built a few recumbent frames and built one HT cruiser. I think it will live for him. He has hopes of going on some long tours back your way with it too.

sfeland

Aug 23, 2008
AZ
sports.webshots.com
I know you had trouble with belts but hey... I am a glutton for punishement. I plan on putting it on an infinity recumbent that I picked up for $200.00. I couldn't resist that kind of deal! The bent is a bit short for me and the motor is too big to fit between the frame but after some mods it will fit the motor and me both. The 2.4 Hp 4 stroke motor I picked up for $100.00 but we will need to make a jack shaft drive so the motor can be centered on the bike to keep the handling proper. Thanks again, I am excited to start the work!