Front hub dynamo

GoldenMotor.com

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
I have a Shimano 6 volt 3 Watt front hub Dynamo that I want to put on my bicycle to power some of my accessory lights. Does anybody have any idea as to how much resistance this will cause for my motor?

And is it even a good idea to put one of these on a bike?

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
Hmmm... I didn't know there was a regulator. I thought it was just a straight hookup from the light to the hub. I guess I'm going to have to do some MORE (sigh) research I am opting not to use it because I won't be able to put my disc brake on the Hub itself.

Thanks Jerry. You have been such a great source of information inspiration and knowledge I do greatly appreciate you sir.

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Hmmm... I didn't know there was a regulator. I thought it was just a straight hookup from the light to the hub. I guess I'm going to have to do some MORE (sigh) research I am opting not to use it because I won't be able to put my disc brake on the Hub itself.

Thanks Jerry. You have been such a great source of information inspiration and knowledge I do greatly appreciate you sir.
If it didn't have a regulator in it the faster you went the more voltage it'd produce.

Reactions: Wevil Kenevil