Frame adjustment question

GoldenMotor.com

Loop

May 27, 2020
S.Knoxville
Since I went to the 44 tooth sprocket on the rear, my chain is rubbing on the chain stays, I know you can use a scissor jack to widen the rear and I have plenary of room with my rear axel to widen it, does anyone have any tips or suggestions to spread the chain stay a bit perhaps a couple of millimeters is all I need.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

FOG

Mar 3, 2019
If you spread it from the dropouts it will come right back to the same place when you tighten the back axle up.

What you'll need to do is lock the dropouts in place somehow before you spread. The back wheel itself won't work. It'll just be in the way. 3/8" all thread and a metal tube cut to the hub width would work. With the dropouts locked down you'll be able to bend some clearance right at the area you need. Measure 1st and widen away!

Loop

May 27, 2020
S.Knoxville
So I got it to spread a bit and added two thick washers to each side, it’s got a bit more clearance now I may need to add one more to each side but the chain isn’t touching now.
Had to put my backup seat On it, the one that came with the bike broke and I made a new mount for the battery box for the taillights as well.
image.jpg

it’s easier to get to now to plug up the rear lights but I still haveto remove the seat to charge the batteries because I have a strap to prevent it from falling away

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Loop

May 27, 2020
S.Knoxville
Well it worked fine for about 2 miles then the new air filters bolts vibrated out and the filter fell off and on the way back to the house it started losing power and now won’t even start.
I guess it must have inhaled something when the filter fell off.

Reactions: Jbyrd666