Flying horse "mustang racer" 66/80 cc engine kit/Anyone else have one?

GoldenMotor.com

Andrew weed

Mar 31, 2017
Indiana
I have the flying horse "mustang racer" motor and i read alot of these threads and ive never heard anyone mention that paticular motor and was wondering if anyone else out there ever have any experience's with them. Im new into the whole motorized bike thing but i really got a sweet set-up and would lile some pointers on the motor in reguard to making it last as long as possible and to basically get the most out of the motor. Longevity and speed..got lots of high performance parts on it to so please anyone have anything to share please do! Thsnks everyone! In advance lol.

Andrew weed

Mar 31, 2017
Indiana
Performance parts include:
Exhaust manifold, exhaust pipe w/out baffle, kit comes with high performance carb, higher performance cdi unit and ngk spark plug, boost bottle w/intake manifold , chain tensioner pully and the rear gear is 36t

Feb 2, 2017
California
People just put a fancy name and put a sticker on the motor and claim it to be special or something but that doesn't mean it's highly modified, it's basically a stock motor with just some slight upgrades with basic bolt-ons and afterwards, an inflated price for their customers. If you want real power, you have to look into porting. I supposed all those little tidbits does increase power slightly, but not as much as they seem to make it out to be..... I mean, that "Flying Horse Mustang Racer" doesn't even come with a high compression head, I don't think. As far as keeping it running reliably, just don't ride it like you stole it every time you're out there...... when first starting up and running the bike, make sure to take it easy and warm up the engine first before you give it full throttle. Also after ever few rides, tighten back down the bolts because they will vibrate themselves loose.

Last edited:

Andrew weed

Mar 31, 2017
Indiana
Thanksvfor the input...i kinda figured that..because if you look at at all the 2-stroke bicycle motor's you'll see that they in general are the same..mine was just considered a "racer" motor was because the kit included the extra bolt on's like you said..( carb, cdi and a better spark plug than what they normally come with) all the other upgrades i had to buy seperate. And no it doesnt come with a high compression head like you mentioned also..since were on that topic would u recommend spending another $60 for a good head? If so would it make it even more reliable and faster?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
these motors were designed as cheap, disposable, transportation workhorses - they do well for that purpose

if one adds enough parts to double the price, one can get maybe 3mph more out of them, while shortening the life on the motor

I leave them alone, run them a bit on the rich side, and enjoy them for what they are.

Feb 2, 2017
California
Thanksvfor the input...i kinda figured that..because if you look at at all the 2-stroke bicycle motor's you'll see that they in general are the same..mine was just considered a "racer" motor was because the kit included the extra bolt on's like you said..( carb, cdi and a better spark plug than what they normally come with) all the other upgrades i had to buy seperate. And no it doesnt come with a high compression head like you mentioned also..since were on that topic would u recommend spending another $60 for a good head? If so would it make it even more reliable and faster?
Sure a high compression head will increase horsepower, it would go great with the mods you currently have on your motor right now. If you have a few bucks to burn, go for it...... on Ebay right now there's currently RSE high compression heads for about $35. Not sure if you like that style head, but it's cheap and something to look at.

Andrew weed

Mar 31, 2017
Indiana
Defiantly makes sense! They're just made so cheaply thats my concern...what type of metal they use on these things? Pot metal is what it looks like to me. I mean i broke a head fin barely touching it when tightening my head bolts..smh....so do i have to worry about it breaking in half from vibration or heat or even internal parts breaking due to this cheap metal? Im trying to have a lil fun i dont wanna kill myself riding my bike cuz the engine seizing up going 30 mph! Has that ever happened? Hmm i wonder?? I sure dont wanna be the first so im gunna probably have e a lil fun with it then sell it before i end up breaking something!!!! But before i do that can someone tell me if its worth while getting a high compression head?? The one it came with is angle fire so would i need to have another angle fire head if i replace it or does it matter?

Feb 2, 2017
California
Defiantly makes sense! They're just made so cheaply thats my concern...what type of metal they use on these things? Pot metal is what it looks like to me. I mean i broke a head fin barely touching it when tightening my head bolts..smh....so do i have to worry about it breaking in half from vibration or heat or even internal parts breaking due to this cheap metal? Im trying to have a lil fun i dont wanna kill myself riding my bike cuz the engine seizing up going 30 mph! Has that ever happened? Hmm i wonder?? I sure dont wanna be the first so im gunna probably have e a lil fun with it then sell it before i end up breaking something!!!! But before i do that can someone tell me if its worth while getting a high compression head?? The one it came with is angle fire so would i need to have another angle fire head if i replace it or does it matter?
Don't underestimate these little China motors though, highly modified, they can go upwards of 60 mph! So even though they are 'cheap' in the sense of what you paid for it, they are quite capable little beasts in the right hands! xct2

Andrew weed

Mar 31, 2017
Indiana
Hey thanks potato_in_exhaust! Thats awesome news im gunna check that out...could u send me a direct link or were at on ebay? Lile what should i look up? 80cc motorbike engine head?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I suspect the chinese have a big pot that they throw metal scraps into - the pot has a spigot on opposite sides and a big magnet near one spigot - anything that pours out the spigot near the magnet is called steel, what comes out the other side is called aluminum.

Reactions: D.Knight
Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Don't underestimate these little China motors though, highly modified, they can go upwards of 60 mph! So even though they are 'cheap' in the sense of what you paid for it, they are quite capable little beasts in the right hands! xct2
I have never seen or heard of a chinabike that can go over 60. I've seen a few that can hit 50, but that's after 100s of hours and dollars worth of mods.

Andrew weed

Mar 31, 2017
Indiana
these motors were designed as cheap, disposable, transportation workhorses - they do well for that purpose

if one adds enough parts to double the price, one can get maybe 3mph more out of them, while shortening the life on the motor

I leave them alone, run them a bit on the rich side, and enjoy them for what they are.
Why would it shorten the life if its designed to make it run smoother?

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
The high comp heads help your engine stay cooler due to the bulk of these heads and that can help some with longevity in theory. If you get one you need a tighter spark plug gap between .022.- .025 as I remember.
Btw. Welcome to the forum Andrew.

Zip

Andrew weed

Mar 31, 2017
Indiana
Hey thanks zip tie i really appreciate all yer guys help...this forum is awesome! Such a excellent idea! I had no idea these things were that popular! Hey i do have a question..has anyone ever heard of the 55+ mph zenda motors? They look bad*ss!! Just wondering if theryre any good? They look alot less cheaply made but they are twice as expensive but damn 55+ mph? Might be worth it. Plus they just look like a way better motor than these china motors. Are there any american made motors? I can basically put any bike motor and my bike should be able to withstand it cuz i have the gt-2 that was made to mount these type of motors to.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Hey thanks zip tie i really appreciate all yer guys help...this forum is awesome! Such a excellent idea! I had no idea these things were that popular! Hey i do have a question..has anyone ever heard of the 55+ mph zenda motors? They look bad*ss!! Just wondering if theryre any good? They look alot less cheaply made but they are twice as expensive but damn 55+ mph? Might be worth it. Plus they just look like a way better motor than these china motors. Are there any american made motors? I can basically put any bike motor and my bike should be able to withstand it cuz i have the gt-2 that was made to mount these type of motors to.
Andrew I believe you mean ZEDA. There are two types of ZEDA motors, the electric start 2 stroke version with auto oil bath clutch called the ZEDA BT80 or Bullet Train for long. These are all new design. I am building one right now and hiding all the wires and connectors and components. They are supposed smooth and quiet but are heavy engines. I am building just for the challenge of it.
Link.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=62700&page=3

Then there is the ZEDA customized 2 stroke motors that have reed valve system, expansion chamber, bored out piston sleeve and ported. These things breath well and do go fast. My advice is go slow and enjoy life. 55 mph on a bike is just plain dangerous for so many reasons...we want our forum members to live long happy lives. Again anything over 28 mph on a bike I would worry. Dependable is what's important to me on all my builds.

The basic engine is made in China and customized here in the USA with some USA components as I have heard, I do not know as fact though.