Florida Riders: Step Up To The Plate

GoldenMotor.com

norrisdesigned

Aug 14, 2011
West Palm Beach, Fl
I can only meet if it's in the Palm Beach County area.
Seeing as I was mentioned in the OP I thought I should chime in... PBC would really be my only option can barely afford to travel in county let alone outside :(

If you do have a meet then have someone record it that way those of us who can't attend can see where its going.

Online meeting could work but, they tend to take far to long with more than a couple people without defined speakers.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Those of you that can't make it can always have input through this thread. If there is something you want brought up just post it.

We all know that the Florida laws concerning a gas powered bicycle is shoddy at best. The electric bicycle seems okay as far as laws go. Here are some ideas I picked up from different posts.

Top speed 35mph so we can stay with traffic flow better.
Must have a valid drivers license.

Other ideas? I see Jeff Arnett popped in. Any thoughts Jeff?

Terry

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Don't push for the drivers license. I think 20mph without a dl is just right. Don't really need to go any faster. My reasoning behind that is cuz i can't get a dl because of my eysight disability. I can see good enough to drive these motorized bicycles.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
The drivers license thing is actually for people under suspension. But, I see your point. See, that is something that needs to be discussed. Another way of looking at it is this: if it isn't a motor vehicle you don't need a drivers license. Plus it IS a bicycle.

Terry

norrisdesigned

Aug 14, 2011
West Palm Beach, Fl
The drivers license thing is actually for people under suspension. But, I see your point. See, that is something that needs to be discussed. Another way of looking at it is this: if it isn't a motor vehicle you don't need a drivers license. Plus it IS a bicycle.

Terry
I seriously don't see anyway the state would allow this without licensing... especially considering those who do not have a license already have an alternative in Ebikes. I am not against it I just don't think its gonna happen.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I think you are probably right. Once we get talking with a state representative we should get a better idea of what will float and what will sink.

Terry

IamTheBear

Oct 6, 2010
north florida
If any one knows where their local ABATE meets they may be a great place to start talking to. They are on the forefront of 2 wheeled laws and safety.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I'll see what I can find. It would be nice to have someone that knows what they are doing. The guy on here that used to work for one of our politicians isn't answering his messages. He was willing to set up a meeting with us and his old boss.

Terry

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I sent an email to the ABATE Florida Legal Counsel asking for suggestions and guidance. I figure he should be able to point us in the right direction. As soon as I hear anything back I'll post it in this thread.

Terry

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I think later on I might contact the Transportation & Highway Safety Subcommittee in the state capital. A lot will depend on what ABATE has to say.

Terry

norrisdesigned

Aug 14, 2011
West Palm Beach, Fl
I'll see what I can find. It would be nice to have someone that knows what they are doing. The guy on here that used to work for one of our politicians isn't answering his messages. He was willing to set up a meeting with us and his old boss.

Terry
Sorry have been busy as of late... the best way to get messages to me is by email... not sure if everyone can see it so if not I will post it here [email protected]