Flashback

GoldenMotor.com

wrenching4fun

Jun 6, 2016
North Carolina
Was piddling in the shop and started thinking about how I got started in this obsession. I guess I was inspired by some of the old timers who stood out when this space started. A couple of names I remember are Quenton Guenther and KC Vale. Quenton started out in the Whizzer world and actually sold me a rebuilt jug for my first Whizzer. If memory serves me, he moved to manufacturing belt drive systems for 142 Fs. He often talked about the annual motorbike show in Portland, Indiana. If you have some spare time on your hands check out the quirky Portland videos on Youtube.

KC was an innovator who was creating unusual builds before I hung a Homeliite chain saw on an old Murray Santa Cruz. I role that bike for years until all of my clothes were soaked with 2 stroke oil and I decided to migrated to 4 strokes. Four builds later I'm still using my reliable GHX50 Honda.

Does anyone know what happened to some of the legendary pioneers in this field? I'd be interested to know where I might be headed!

Bob53

Jan 8, 2015
Cleveland, OK
For those that haven't been to Portland you need to put it on your list of must dos. Portland is great. A week of wrenching, riding, buying and selling. Making friends that will last for years. You never know what you will see or what someone put a motor on. Next year will be in July, date is not announced yet.. Bob