First start not starting!

GoldenMotor.com

D.Knight

Apr 18, 2017
CA
Finally finished with assembly and tried to start, and nothing is happening. Looks like I'm not getting spark but I'm not exactly sure as its the middle of the day. I swapped the cdi magneto and plug and still nothing. Head torqued down as much as I can without stripping anything and carburetor is snug as a bug. Any help would be much appreciated :-||

D.Knight

Apr 18, 2017
CA
Monterey, right by the ocean. Everything is dry and it's warm with low humidity. So just unplug Yellow/red and green? I did 16/1

D.Knight

Apr 18, 2017
CA
Just watched a video that suggested pouring a little gas mixture down the plug port, sounds like a bad idea but Im lost when it comes to motors

D.Knight

Apr 18, 2017
CA
Also, (sorry if this is a stupid question this is my first build) should I feel any extra pressure when I dump the clutch?

BobbyT

Mar 16, 2014
Santa Maria ca.
I use VP 2stroke oil at 40 to 1 even at breakin. 16 to 1 is to much oil. put a little gas in plug hole and see if it fires. You should feel the engine turn over when clutch is released.

BobbyT

Mar 16, 2014
Santa Maria ca.
is you engine turning over? Is your plug fouled. Check your wires. Are you using the spark plug cap that requires removing the spark plug tip.

D.Knight

Apr 18, 2017
CA
I've used 3 different spark plugs, 1 with a threaded tip and 2 with a nipple. 2 cdi, 2 magneto, unplugged the kill switch, poured mix down the plug port, tried just about every possible adjustment on the clutch. I can hear the piston moving when I dump the clutch but that's about it and I have racing carb with an auto choke

D.Knight

Apr 18, 2017
CA
Okay I've determined I'm not getting spark out of both cdi's and both magnetos, is it that high of a possibility for these things to be complete junk or is there a possibility that my no spark issue is on the motor side?

D.Knight

Apr 18, 2017
CA
I took the loose spark plug and plugged it into the cdi, rested it on the head of the motor and peddled and didn't get a spark. I should mention that it's the black stallion angle fire slant head that is painted black but I don't think paint would stop it from creating the spark