First Build

GoldenMotor.com

FrizzleFried

Jul 27, 2022
My first build was a Kent Sea Change. I got it for $75.00 from the local Wally World. It's a bit small for me so it's going to my 13 year old son eventually... I'm in the process of building a 2nd project using a much more suitable Hyper Cruiser frame (currently being powder coated) and I'm rolling the dice with a Phantom 85 on that project... but that's for another post.

Now on to my first project... "Tang"...

TANG6.jpg

As she sits she's rockin' an engine from Hel•io Motorized Bikes...

I immediately updated the stock kit with an arch tensioner and CNC Hub. After some consideration I updated my back rim to a heavy duty rim designed for motor bikes from a company that I simply refuse to promote (long story... great rim, HORRID at taking responsibility when issues arise). The rim includes a sprocket, and since this is going to my son I backed down from a 40T to a 44T to slow it down a hair. The tires are generic "Flame" style tires had from Bikeberry... the intake is a stubby CNC intake from Amazon. I added a "Speed Demon" (ironic name since it really doesn't add much speed, though it sounds nicer) exhaust. A new seat was needed as the stock Kent seat was quite uncomfortable for my rather large frame. I added some mirrors, a speedometer computer... a tach/heat meter... and replaced the stock front rime with a higher quality and wider rim I had in the garage. Of course front and back lights were added and a tool bag. I did upgrade the tank cap to a Honda OEM cap that works great and doesn't leak. I do need a better kickstand (likely a double leg stand) and I'd like to add a luggage rack to the back. Oh... I modified a Chinese $6.00 air filter to work with the NT carb as well.

With the 44T sprocket it'll do a hair over 33mph but I typically cruise around 20-23 mph.

The new rims made a HUGE difference in how "safe" it felt. The stock rims were quite sketchy at any speed to be honest...

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
My first build was a Kent Sea Change. I got it for $75.00 from the local Wally World. It's a bit small for me so it's going to my 13 year old son eventually... I'm in the process of building a 2nd project using a much more suitable Hyper Cruiser frame (currently being powder coated) and I'm rolling the dice with a Phantom 85 on that project... but that's for another post.

Now on to my first project... "Tang"...

View attachment 111234

As she sits she's rockin' an engine from Hel•io Motorized Bikes...

I immediately updated the stock kit with an arch tensioner and CNC Hub. After some consideration I updated my back rim to a heavy duty rim designed for motor bikes from a company that I simply refuse to promote (long story... great rim, HORRID at taking responsibility when issues arise). The rim includes a sprocket, and since this is going to my son I backed down from a 40T to a 44T to slow it down a hair. The tires are generic "Flame" style tires had from Bikeberry... the intake is a stubby CNC intake from Amazon. I added a "Speed Demon" (ironic name since it really doesn't add much speed, though it sounds nicer) exhaust. A new seat was needed as the stock Kent seat was quite uncomfortable for my rather large frame. I added some mirrors, a speedometer computer... a tach/heat meter... and replaced the stock front rime with a higher quality and wider rim I had in the garage. Of course front and back lights were added and a tool bag. I did upgrade the tank cap to a Honda OEM cap that works great and doesn't leak. I do need a better kickstand (likely a double leg stand) and I'd like to add a luggage rack to the back. Oh... I modified a Chinese $6.00 air filter to work with the NT carb as well.

With the 44T sprocket it'll do a hair over 33mph but I typically cruise around 20-23 mph.

The new rims made a HUGE difference in how "safe" it felt. The stock rims were quite sketchy at any speed to be honest...
So that has your engine doing 7697 rpm to do 33 mph

Mossy

May 20, 2022
So that has your engine doing 7697 rpm to do 33 mph
My grubee Skyhawk would rev and vibrate at 39mph the gas cap would come off it... Then the exaust would fall off... If it wasn't for the bad gas in it would have been a fire ball...