Finally full circle with the forums

GoldenMotor.com

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I'm done it's full circle... I can read off forum and there's a lot of current stuff on UTube I get information from everywhere and then I get the parts... I'm not about building something but completely upgrading everything from what's out there... Crossing parts over from other applications... The time I take now will save time during the actual build... A lot of these parts go in and out of stock frequently or are limited... Takes a lot of research to find them etc. Some of the parts take months to get from China... I don't have to have a running MB to know if something would work or not... My latest thing is the YD 100 case... Same seals on both sides of the crank... So I can run the seals I found and it's got the stronger rod and bigger crank... Less case volume... So I'll get a bunch of those instead of putting something together today... It's like the military... Have everything for 3 world wars to win one... I'm just getting back into this not to mention the tools... Someday I will cut the top off a P85 jug and put a LD 100 CNC head on it with a ms380 piston YD bottom or a case reed phantom with 110 bottom end and not have to hope the 3 available today are still there whenever I get around to it... Or the bearings or seals or the heavy clutch spring and woven material that hasn't been made in 30 years etc... Arrow uses something similar on there clutches... I get my information from all the longtime players in this game and the past forum members like Frankenstein RIP

Mossy

May 20, 2022
BTW have you built a bike yet?
[/QUOTE]

I haven't run the zeda triple 40 with the piston backwards or locked up 3 phantom motors from disregarding the forum posts... Haven't run a minereli with a br6hs instead of the '8' heat range that's recommended locking one of those up... Haven't used the lock rings with the square edge that was recommended... "Sometimes a square peg fits a round hole" I think was how it was explained... Instead of c circlip... When I'm done with what I'm doing it's going to be mostly Italian Japanese and German parts... only the bones will be Chinese... I did work at a Kawasaki dealer my last 2 years of highschool... I also took a 2 year course on out door power equipment and completed it in 6 weeks... Then I went to tech school for metal fabrication and graduated a semester early... I was 10 when I completely redid my first motorcycle no manual to go by... Didn't know what the parts were called so I brought them in to the dealership and said I needed one of these... It only ran for 25 years after that... I also worked for Freightliner on the big stuff dozers and logging equipment so big it needs to be taken apart to transport over the road... A bunch of 1960's junk that was better than new when I got done... But I don't want to work and just retire so it's the same difference with the motor bikes... Just $99k cheaper per project... I can't be the only one to read though 15 years of tech and apply every trick... Lot of people contributed and still do... A lot of people have the same problem with the same people... Not everyone takes a chance on another forum member and does business with them... It wasn't all a scam... I traded for some phenolic... Got some Lazer cut gaskets made... Over here I got a basket case build and a bunch of 4t stuff from a member... and a ton of stuff from sick bikes when he was going out of business... If I'm going to be part of something I'm all in... I don't sell anything either so there shouldn't be any problem with that... I don't even negotiate the price people ask for anything... It's when they don't follow up on the deal they made... That makes me a liar? Just like when I was waiting for parts for 8 months and told they shipped at 6 months and was jerked around... A year and a half now still don't have everything I paid for... Because of some excuse... Might be why I don't have a bike built... At least not what I was planning on anyway.... One thing is for Shure some guy who doesn't even know what he's selling can deliver a product 99% of the time but forum members who claim to know something can't 85% of the time... I even had a guy send me a degree wheel for nothing on here... And how to set it up... So I know everyone isn't $hit... Anyways I've got a couple more things Im really interested in from the other members who are legit then it's just small stuff or more of somethings... nothing new or innovative worth getting frustrated about... Sometime in 2033 or even '43 I'll post an update for the public about how it all went... with 60 years experience maybe I won't be a newbie by then ?

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Mossy

May 20, 2022
LOL... I'm discovering new stuff every day... Steering me twords the wrong direction has actually helped... Strength is gained through the struggle... Taking a break also has helped to organize the various builds... 10 years of evolution is quite a bit of information to catch up on... The best move I've made is taking the time to learn before I just jump into it... I'm figuring out the tools now I have a really good idea of what I'm going to do and get the most out of them... What Im going need and how to get the most out of each work station... A 20 ton press a drill press a band saw a belt sander a drum sander a scroll saw... 110 gas welder a Dremel a bench grinder for sharpening bits and one for polishing... There's a few vices and fixtures I'll have to make and various hand tools.... I may have to hire a machine shop for some of it but it's minimal compared to a lathe that's big money for something I won't need a lot... Useing a drill press and x/y axis vice for a milling machine with the Various milling bits... Just have to go easy on it...:p
If someone else can do something I believe that everyone else can also if they invest in the learning... I'm in a good place with the projects as the 'Parts Dept. Winds down... It's been since the 80's and 90's since I was really active with small engines so I'm remembering the good ol'days... I took a 2 year out door power course and completed the requirements to graduate in 6 weeks... Then completed a 2 year course in metal fab a semester early then I focused on retirement and did that before I turned 30... 24 years ago.... 40 years ahead of my peers... In the 17 years I did work on paper anyway I had 70 different employers and 200 different occupations... My hobbies add another 100 or so... Always having a few jobs at a time and 90+ hour weeks... My first on the books job working at an ice cream shop that after a month shut down for remodeling... They asked if I wanted to help with the remodeling... I put in 90+ hours and because I was hourly got $500 check and became the youngest and the highest paid employee at the company... Headquarters came down and asked my manager about it like there was some mistake and my boss said ' he's worth it ' and backed me up... I still have the passion to work hard and sacrifice for the goals... Now I'm back to the basics where I began it's already becoming very enjoyable and I haven't put a motorized bicycle together yet... Because I know how I am and more or less how everything will turn out... I wish everyone the best 2023 that they can have...

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
LOL... I'm discovering new stuff every day... Steering me twords the wrong direction has actually helped... Strength is gained through the struggle... Taking a break also has helped to organize the various builds... 10 years of evolution is quite a bit of information to catch up on... The best move I've made is taking the time to learn before I just jump into it... I'm figuring out the tools now I have a really good idea of what I'm going to do and get the most out of them... What Im going need and how to get the most out of each work station... A 20 ton press a drill press a band saw a belt sander a drum sander a scroll saw... 110 gas welder a Dremel a bench grinder for sharpening bits and one for polishing... There's a few vices and fixtures I'll have to make and various hand tools.... I may have to hire a machine shop for some of it but it's minimal compared to a lathe that's big money for something I won't need a lot... Useing a drill press and x/y axis vice for a milling machine with the Various milling bits... Just have to go easy on it...:p
If someone else can do something I believe that everyone else can also if they invest in the learning... I'm in a good place with the projects as the 'Parts Dept. Winds down... It's been since the 80's and 90's since I was really active with small engines so I'm remembering the good ol'days... I took a 2 year out door power course and completed the requirements to graduate in 6 weeks... Then completed a 2 year course in metal fab a semester early then I focused on retirement and did that before I turned 30... 24 years ago.... 40 years ahead of my peers... In the 17 years I did work on paper anyway I had 70 different employers and 200 different occupations... My hobbies add another 100 or so... Always having a few jobs at a time and 90+ hour weeks... My first on the books job working at an ice cream shop that after a month shut down for remodeling... They asked if I wanted to help with the remodeling... I put in 90+ hours and because I was hourly got $500 check and became the youngest and the highest paid employee at the company... Headquarters came down and asked my manager about it like there was some mistake and my boss said ' he's worth it ' and backed me up... I still have the passion to work hard and sacrifice for the goals... Now I'm back to the basics where I began it's already becoming very enjoyable and I haven't put a motorized bicycle together yet... Because I know how I am and more or less how everything will turn out... I wish everyone the best 2023 that they can have...
Concept approaches always get varied to a degree by the best builders once a project is begun.

Mossy

May 20, 2022
It's all a lie,
I'm sure most here can smell that
It's not a lie... The posts are still up... I'm sure most can tell your a fraud playing along with the rest of the other forum jackass's... It's sad for a few laughs to mislead someone... But they thought I was new to this but I've been around for a while just getting caught up on things... Enjoy your holiday :)

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Build break fix... Banned... So I'm in good company... This guy only promotes bicycle engines.com and banned everyone else who might threaten there sales... Someone who doesn't have or has ever had any of these builders products... I was banned for exposing the phantom 85 and there problems... Proving my accusations correct later in the thread after my ban and my post were still getting likes and support from the community... Now 2 years later their getting caught up to what I've been saying from other posters that came in after... The arguing back and forth between people is what grows the technology and advancement... Now he's saying every saw cylinder made is junk and the phantom cylinder which isn't available anymore just as a cylinder kit is better... Every saw jug builder and there are a few... Just a shame to the sport over a couple of promotional engines this moderator got... One of which his out of the box zeda Trip 40 that pulled exaggerated numbers like a ported reed motor died from a piston installed backwards... And a phantom that died.... ;)

Attachments

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Build break fix... Banned... So I'm in good company... This guy only promotes bicycle engines.com and banned everyone else who might threaten there sales... Someone who doesn't have or has ever had any of these builders products... I was banned for exposing the phantom 85 and there problems... Proving my accusations correct later in the thread after my ban and my post were still getting likes and support from the community... Now 2 years later their getting caught up to what I've been saying from other posters that came in after... The arguing back and forth between people is what grows the technology and advancement... Now he's saying every saw cylinder made is junk and the phantom cylinder which isn't available anymore just as a cylinder kit is better... Every saw jug builder and there are a few... Just a shame to the sport over a couple of promotional engines this moderator got... One of which his out of the box zeda Trip 40 that pulled exaggerated numbers like a ported reed motor died from a piston installed backwards... And a phantom that died.... ;)
This screen shot is talking about my homeboy BBF from SC, who doesn't know a STOP sign means come to a complete stop. He thinks at best they're only Yeild signs.

.duh.

Last edited:

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Now he's running off a customer of California motorbikes... he's slow to respond to messages... great product though... and it's the only ported jug you can get and at a great price point... because he's a small one man operation.... and now there's 2 of them to help steer everyone to bicycle engine.**** LoL great job you 2 of fixing the problems... Banned so they can pat themselves on the back is rich... I'll kick a dead horse rather than stab it screwdriver 100 times in the back... zpt
The ring snag issue is this... The jug and studs have some wiggle room and if you mark the piston on the top of it we're the ring pins are you can turn the jug to position them between the transfer and intake port... On one of the posts that got deleted I mentioned drilling some small holes in the piston along the skirt were it contacts the cylinder between the ports... Like 3 on each side to allow oil in there... I got 7 jugs at $50 a pop and ms380 coated pistons from Dukes saws in PA. I'm also going to cut the jug and use a head for the LD 100 50mm spacing... Another thing I mentioned about saw jugs was to take material away from the case to lower it for squish so the piston has as much cylinder as you can down low so the piston at BDC doesn't rock around in there... I recommend a br8hs plug more oil in the mix... By getting the cylinders and a YD bottom end bare case with the replacement 110 crank... I got the stage 6 wrist pin bearings from a place in Germany... So for around $100 less than the phuckum 85 kit with the box of junk that goes with it... I mentioned useing the port map of the jug and transfer it to the 110 steel sleeve... I have a few case reed 110s that I'm going to put Polaris sportsman 90 jug on and use a turned down 90 crank to fit the HT... And then recycle the cranks to the phuckum... I came up with the flange for the sx65 pipe that's slightly larger ID than the 'phuckum 85' and I really need to find a cheap dented up pipe for the end then I can experiment with pipes off the flange... KX 65 reed conversion... Or use the good ones I have and use the parts I don't need for that on something else... I have a SX/TC 105 pipe but the 85cc + bikes take a different approach on the flange because there is a power valve on those... Weisco c clips and and VBX big end bearing... And of course Ballance the rotating assembly...
I really love the haters... It drives me to a place we're I just spool up every inch of knowledge and dig deep into what ever it is... The fact that I don't have a running bike really burns some... From 2012 to '18 I was deep into the hobby I had saw jugs then I just couldn't get around to and that's dax motor sx65 I was doing... And tedd Snell had wheels I was serious about but didn't get... I'm about were I would have been if I kept at it parts wise... I went to vocational school for 2 years '88-90 and metal fabrication after that for an associates degree... 6 weeks in to the voctech I completed the requirements to graduate the course and got to work on my own stuff and I graduated the college a semester early and restored a truck I bought for a dollar... I lived about an hour away from the school and the instructor let me take the welder home for the weekend a few times... Everything was paid with scholarships and it's been 40 years since I restored my first bike when I was 10... I was a partner in a Kawasaki / Artic cat dealership my last few years of highschool and worked for parts because he was retiring... There was a cycle salvage place I had free range of and a few junk yards were they would let me use the torches and pick when it was not allowed because of insurance... I miss those days when you could do that... Dragging something up to the front and the guy would look up and say fifty bucks... He was dry... But I could get a little emotion out of him... I go there and ask ' you got any dodge rims with tires on them... Of course he did... Yup... I need 6 with the same size... Yup over there... How much ? Fifty.. everything was fifty... Then I would leave the tread and cords down main street... The little kids would make baseballs out of the rubber... Next weekend you have any dodge rims with tires on them? Yup.. after about the 3rd weekend he cracked a smile...

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: fasteddy

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I joined the other forum just briefly this weekend to see as a member behind the scenes... No mention of ever getting the KS65 pipe I paid for? Or the engine he was building for his buddy either... I donated $150 to this guy and was kindly thanked in a phone call... Then banned shortly after that... The phuc'um 85 issues are worked out...
I'm so glad I got 7 of the original cylinders before they sold out... I'm still getting replys and likes because it doesn't show I'm banned... Even one guy argued the tang on the g clips are made to hold the pin in place... I'm just stupid it seems for suggesting that C clip remedy... LoL

Reactions: fasteddy

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Yes, the angry face :mad: for attacking me for simply telling a newbie he should start his own thread; instead of using one that hadn't had a response for a decade.

Rightfully so and I was in the wrong for that... Didn't happen again...
And it's been a while...
The other 1100 posts are all now labeled trolling...
This is the latest example.... New guy posted about a restoration... He made a shim from brass I posted one made for the application from steel... 99¢ piece... I thanked him for the tip on the spacer... Everything was nice and friendly... It seems I'm not supposed to reply to any theads anymore it's all spam... Next I'll be ridiculed for posting on my own threads... It's gotten a little out of hand ?
On a conversation about the fix for the 5/8 to 3/4 shaft and clutch install... #1 I need someone to explain why this is so wrong... And what makes this trolling if me and the OP are fine... I think it would be better alternative over brass... But in the hunt to hate for any reason it was used as an example of trolling...

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I thought we joined this to share and as a community help others along... I got called everything under the sun yesterday... 2 minutes later back to the forum... These guys are keeping some grudge or something and can't see it for what it is... Not on there threads but every thread... Lying in wait for the next post doing exactly what there supposed to be forum heroes to prevent... I've got things to do and it's enough time spent finding and figuring out the details...
I post too much... About the $30,000 in parts I bought last year and this... If I just spent 12hours looking at something and someone posts about something similar... This was this morning... My engine builder just got 2 of these finished... Tomorrow I'll get a 3rd engine... And the double ball bearing... To put behind the hardened washer...

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
This is the last few months ebay...

Attachments