Exhaust

GoldenMotor.com

toby w

Jul 25, 2023
I’ve finished my bike and I'm looking to get a better exhaust to help with heat dissipation and to add a bit of power. Im looking at this one but I have a few questions. How good is it. Would I have to retune or rejet the carb.

Attachments

Reactions: fasteddy

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
You'll get the exact same power increase by simply gutting & drilling the stock exhaust pipe... (& yes, you'll have to re-jet the carb).

That new pipe you're looking at isn't designed exactly right to be a real expansion chamber.
If you want a proper expansion chamber, you'll need to get one from a 80cc motorcycle & modify it to bolt onto your bike.

toby w

Jul 25, 2023
i tried to modify the pipe last time by cutting of the small tube inside and drilling 3 holes in the end cap but the motor blew up soon after

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
That pipe probably has internal baffles in it that would make it similar to the stock pipe... So, unless you're willing to modify is (as you would a stock pipe), it's still a waste of money.

Unfortunately, the pictures don't show a 'straight through' angle of the muffler part... If you can see straight through it?, it will be better.

Reactions: toby w and fasteddy

toby w

Jul 25, 2023
I don’t fancy messing with the stock pipe. If I put on the new expansion chamber style pipe and jet the carb to a 75. And raise the clip on the needle will I be alright