Engine stroke chart

GoldenMotor.com

Mossy

May 20, 2022
The list of strokes and a 66/80cc side bleed I like and KX 85? KTM Sx65 made the list....

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
The 110 crank is the widest then the 100 then the old style with bolt on weights...
The Polaris sportsman 90 just by looking at it without measuring anything appears to be very close and has some possibilities... It's a little smaller and with a 54mm piston seems to me very close just thinking about the case volume and cylinder volume... Appears that they would cancel each other and again without measuring the volumes is just a guess... Spacer for it I'm going to try is 12mm... 10mm for the difference in cylinder height 1mm for the stroke difference and another mm to have something to smooth down to get to the .8- 1mm squish less the gaskets... It's case reed cylinder... 7mm studs...
Everything is close enough for me to invest in 3 cylinders and 3 cranks and 3 110 case reed engines... The crank rods from the 110 are going to be recycled into the phantom 85 project into the 100 cranks the 100 rods getting put into 66/80 cc cranks because there the beefiest 10mm ones... But again I won't know until I get into it... Quality bearings... Etc
I'm taking a break from everything motorized after getting a nice hoard of stuff together... Got everything out of my place and am working on finishing up on everything I need to do to finish my home projects... Except for some wheels and hubs I hope to get measurements for spokes... It's been a good break from it so far and I haven't had a summer I could just chill and relax in a long time so that's nice...
With everything put away I can get to the shelves and think about the layout of where I want to put benches for work stations and tools etc... There's a 10x10 shed and some fence I want to do also that I'm going to be working on... Next year or beyond at some point... Taking a summer to really get a nice transition from a pile of stuff I think I want to being able to create a separate shop space to be able to do something with it... The lump of tools is going to be another large expensive season of trying to figure out what I need that way...
It's been 3 years... I'm making something of a wardrobe from these cabinets that were left here that were used as that by the previous people here... Lot of washing and cleaning lately basically to get the dust out of here and get to painting the rooms... Some of the baseboards were left just caulked and a few finish coats of paint are needed... There's a large window that's been insulated and drywalled and the A/C install 2 of the 3 with one more to go... Basically I work in one half of the trailer then I can live there while I do the other half... Jumping around doing flooring and 1/2 finishing everything to get around to finishing it up... It's a slow way of doing it... It saved a bunch of money that way instead of living somewhere else and going back and forth to do it and move in turn key... Paying as I go... The parts and the money etc worked out well for my situation... Fortunately I have the skills to do all the work... It's a good day today with a nearly rebuild place and a bicycle... Because I took the time there's some quality work that got done that time afforded a lot of thinking about it and going back and redoing a few things or just an extra attention I wouldn't have been able to do just blasting out a place to live... Knowing every square inch of the place will help in any future maintenance and work...
It doesn't seem like it's my place yet I'm just the guy that fixes things around here... I haven't explored much either as there are a lot of trails near here... But I did go a little further than my usual routine one Early morning and found a place that's got a nice straight run with a cool tunnel I was checking out... It's along the highway with great visibility very few people use it... It's motorized bicycle heaven around here... So all the effort in moving and getting set up over the last few years is worth it... No completed bike yet and just knowing the possibilities and dreaming about it... Then someone goes by me on a motorized bicycle on the trail... They don't know me... But I know that kit there running ;)
I posted a lot on here it's not about having this or that in hand it's about the possibilities... More than that it's about making yourself available for your hobbies... It's nice when I get to see and chat with people who are using parts like I have and in ways I would use them... And learning about the past builds... The stuff I don't have and wouldn't use is valuable for information also... A good well rounded view of everything going on is where I'm at... Knowing how to read between the lines... Whether knowing or not we all leave out information it sticks out when there's a thread from 16 years ago on something going into details on engines and parts that are no longer available... Knowing the rate of evolution and being able to find nos obsolete stuff...
I was able to find the bikes that I looked at as a kid and only dreamed about Surfing the internet... I use a device dedicated to only motorized bicycle related stuff... Another one for some experimental things... I have thousands of windows open... I delete the browsing history after looking through it to possibly open more windows of stuff I skipped over... I do a lot of screen shots for off line studding it also helps to keep a timeline of when the searches were made and how far back in the windows to look for the window open to the website for whatever group of parts around it... Scrolling through then open it then open a new one go into the history open up the site and then I know the status of the items... It's availability The last few windows are the recent stuff and stuff I'm watching or nos one of one rare stuff I've accumulated that are priority over stuff that's in quantity I can get later... You end up with a rolodex of vendors... Searching for the vendors other items narrows down the options to the ones that only sell those types of things and the more they sell and keep inventory on the closer to the factory you going to get... Less handling and damage from that and a better chance you're not going to get a return from another customer... If the only one they sell is your part and everything thing else is something totally unrelated like there buying bulk returns and relist as new... The right vendors don't tie you up with junk and wasting time on eventually getting to the proper one... Or you can miss out on something that sells out because a schister listed something in away that tricks you into thinking your buying something you're not... Knocked off knockoff crap and some of the regurgitate recycle isn't that bad... It's all beer cans anyways ;)

Attachments

Reactions: Testname111