Engine performance vs. engine performance

GoldenMotor.com

cityevader

May 11, 2008
Santa Cruiz, CA
In my field as an automotive technician (mechanic) we have a term for engine performance problems.. driveability, (which happens to be my line of work, along with electronics, but I digress) which is quite different from engine performance in terms of increasing performance, rather than a lack of normal performance. It would be wonderfully helpful to separate the two with distinct sections, so the posts about sputtering under load won't be alongside to the bottle debate.

flyboy605

May 14, 2008
I thing a troubleshooting section would be great, I have been trying for two weeks to get my 99 whizzer to run properly, no luck yet, its better but not right,it idles well, runs ok at low speed but when I try and accelerate it bogs down never seen 25mph, it is running very rich and I need a 74, and 72 main jet, if you have one I would like to buy itThanks Paul [email protected]
trouble shooting forum has been added in the bicycle motor main forum

tinkerfinger

Jun 10, 2008
I dont know if this helps, but I have about same miles. My carb began to fall apart. the fuel inlet loostened up and poored half my tank on the ground. I suggest retightening everything on these kits. You never know what you will miss. As far as actual changes in the powerband. Its all about the pipe. Short pipe, good bottom end power & less top end. Long pipe, less bottom end power but more top end speed.