Engine bogging out

GoldenMotor.com

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
My engine will start out good bog out run bog out every 5 seconds it will do this my plug cap wasn't snug on plug got new one that wasn't the problem any answeres and thanks appreciate you guys

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I start with fuel flow first. Be sure it is going to the carb in copious amounts. THEN- take the float bowl off and be sure it's flowing into the float bowl without restriction.
By "bog" I assume you mean once it's warmed up and is running under steady throttle, it runs well, loses power, picks back up, repeat?

Konytherebel

Jul 15, 2020
Yes that’s called four stroking there a good videos of that online on youtube it is neither a fuel problem and if it’s not that the. You are neither rich or lean

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
My engine will start out good bog out run bog out every 5 seconds it will do this my plug cap wasn't snug on plug got new one that wasn't the problem any answeres and thanks appreciate you guys
Have you checked your gas cap to be sure it's venting properly? That will cause them to starve out as well.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yes that’s called four stroking there a good videos of that online on youtube it is neither a fuel problem and if it’s not that the. You are neither rich or lean
I don't think he's talking about four stroking, unless YOU are speaking of the 2cycle/4cycle break, as when a two stroke is tuned perfectly, which then only only happens at light load/cruise condition, and not every 5 seconds.