Editing Time Limit Removal

GoldenMotor.com

erics

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for the suggestion Jerry. This has been brought up before, but I've never settled on a great way to deal with it.

Editing restrictions are common on most forums, but I know it can be a pain.

It's mostly to keep spammers from making a post that looks fine on the first check, then going back a couple of days later and updating it with their spam.

Another issue is, it can get a thread out of whack when it gets a bunch of replies, and then the original post is changed.

In thinking about this, is it the super sort time limit that causes the most issue?

Would it be helpful to have something longer, like 8 hours or so? Or another suggested time?

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Thanks for the suggestion Jerry. This has been brought up before, but I've never settled on a great way to deal with it.

Editing restrictions are common on most forums, but I know it can be a pain.

It's mostly to keep spammers from making a post that looks fine on the first check, then going back a couple of days later and updating it with their spam.

Another issue is, it can get a thread out of whack when it gets a bunch of replies, and then the original post is changed.

In thinking about this, is it the super sort time limit that causes the most issue?

Would it be helpful to have something longer, like 8 hours or so? Or another suggested time?
A 24 hour time would be very helpful.

erics

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
A 24 hour time would be very helpful.
Ok makes sense. I've changed the setting to 24hrs. Hope this finds a good balance.

I totally understand why you shouldn't be able to edit after a certain amount of time...
There used to be a few a-holes on here who would post rude stuff & then go back & edit (or delete it) before they got in trouble.
Yeah, this certainly is another issue that we've seen with post editing. Sad but true. There is a history kept of all edits that I can see. Since I opened this up a bit, reporting anything like this would be helpful in dealing with the offender.