Does anyone sell a banana seat that's also "the battery"?

GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
And if not, why not?

I'd love to take a 24" cruiser and turn it into an "E-Sting Ray"- a logical place for a battery would be the SEAT itself.

Nah- too much FUN- Corporate will never approve.....

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Paul is now a leather goods and tools magnate. Thinking you guys should get together and make a few. Sell enough to pay for em. If they sell well keep going as a product. Really is a great idea. Even as aux bat for e-bikes.

Just a thunk but is a cool idea and would make a needed product.

Reactions: fasteddy

SilentRider

Aug 19, 2014
Massachusetts
Never seen one, but wouldn't be hard to make a way to hang one in that spot. I wouldn't recommend it though for a couple of reasons. It would put the considerable weight up high making for poor balance. Rear rack mounted batteries have the same problem, it's just very common because it's an easy place to locate it. The best place to locate a battery is inside the frame triangle as low as possible, this keeps weight and center of gravity centered and balanced well. With all the "dolphin" type battery pack options now available it's an easy install too. go to lunacycle and check out dolphin packs < for some reason the forum won't let me insert this as a link.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Makes good sense, SR. I talked to Paul and he said some of the same things. Man he does some great work with leather)

Dunno why you can't post links but will find out and get it fixed. Ya got plenty post counts? dunno but will get back to ya post haste.

Is this your link? https://lunacycle.com/dolphin/

SilentRider

Aug 19, 2014
Massachusetts
Still can't insert the link. It's the same one that Dan entered in his post above. Looks like he has permissions I no longer have, I used to be able to use the insert link function without any problem before the site upgrade. Now I receive an error about a sneaky URL.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dear Kat, just saw a guy for like the 12the time. He has a sort of super up mini bike. It has a classic rectangular seat. Would be kinda perfect for what you're thinking. Its a cool lil ride. Here in CT, seat is supposed to be 26 inches, I think. But something like that, you could have a bank of batts and make it a seat.

Dunno. Every time I see this guy, makes me think of your thread.

erics

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Still can't insert the link. It's the same one that Dan entered in his post above. Looks like he has permissions I no longer have, I used to be able to use the insert link function without any problem before the site upgrade. Now I receive an error about a sneaky URL.
Thanks for helping me work through this. This is very helpful. Give it a try now and let me know. Have no idea why that's a sneaky link. That should be things that hide a link. I turned that check off too for old forum members.