ding dang darn it!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

ktbreezo

Nov 21, 2009
bethlehem,pa.
i just bought my brand new grubee skyhawk 48cc. rode like a champ for 3 or 4 months.
since i use it to go to work it has paid for itself. just barely and then wham!! the little gear by the clutch plate is broken. how do you change it?does that little gear puller thing work on that? how do you use it?also,is it possible to swap one out fron a 66/80 cc? if i could i can be on the road tommorow.but alas i don't want to just go banging around..please help...................

:-||

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Yes, the gears should be interchangable from 48cc to 66cc. (just make sure the little woodruff keys that hold the gears are the same size!!!)
Remove the center screw from the gear, then screw the gear puller tool into the gear & then screw down the center screw of the tool & it will pull the gear off the crank shaft.

Last edited:

ktbreezo

Nov 21, 2009
bethlehem,pa.
and reverse to put the oher back on? or do i need something else. also what does a woodruff key look like? also..does that damn scew really turn? that was my first impression but it didn't turn. huh.

broHSI

Jul 27, 2009
USA, CA
and reverse to put the oher back on? or do i need something else. also what does a woodruff key look like? also..does that damn scew really turn? that was my first impression but it didn't turn. huh.
First, how and why did your bevel gear break?

The best way to get the straight slot screw out and to retighten properly is to use
a hammer hit impact driver. Actually, maybe the only way if it is tight.

Yea, the screw turns and it is fairly common for it to back out and start chewing up
the clutch cover. It should be checked.....

Harbor Freight sells impact drivers.

The key on the bevel gear is usually a half moon shape, be very careful
on reassembly as the key can fall out the back of the gear.

Gears are different ID's and use differerent keys from brand to brand, but Grubee
48 to 66 cc should work if they were made in the same factory. Skyhawks and Starfires
may and probably are different.

Last edited: