Diesel build

GoldenMotor.com

Zombiebuilder

Jan 8, 2023
I was planning on building a diesel bike build, 7HP 305cc at 3600 RPM - It's part of a Zombie Apocalypse Survival theme, it follows a battle crafting theory.
Putting redundant backups in place and fuel ⛽ was the choice for the engine for biodiesel fuel. I also came across a 3-speed transmission with reverse.
I also decide a CVT would be good in there as well.
Scan_20230107 (3).jpg
I was thinking of doing a dual belt drive and/or chain drive, so I also decided on motorcycle wheels because I can get the hubs to work. I think so
hub parts.jpg

Just of matter of ordering two sets to use the plate, they have bolted on and drill and tap the other sides this way you can have dual disc brakes and dual drives mounted
that's what it might be in theory, getting beyond the spokes was the idea. I should go bug the hub manufacturer and see if they would make them for me, the way I want, then get some made for a bicycle for the size of bolt and spokes and with the gear threads as well. That would make our day perhaps.

The motorcycle tires were just better all around for an Apocalypse scenario being DOT-rated and with lots of rubber. Motoz Tractionator Desert H/T

motoz-tractionator-desert-ht_193964.jpg
Now we have more weight issues from the tires I was going to go with fat tires, originally - still not sure of what size would be best.
I found a set of forks as well

64b7ba7ad14fb727bddc004b2aaf4c87.jpg
Fastace MTB Bike Suspension Inverted Fork 26/27.5/29 For Electric SUR RON Dirt Bike Downhill Bicycle DH Suspension Front Fork.
fair price for them tho.

Anyway, that is where I am just trying to make everything work and find the parts. I will have to play with my drawing so much more!

Last edited:
Reactions: fasteddy

Zombiebuilder

Jan 8, 2023
I was looking around to find the forks and got sidetracked a bit looking for reviews on forks etc... Ended up with the Geometry aspect then I got to thinking of automobiles with their alignments, being a licensed auto mechanic, and people's views on the head tubes, etc. What are you serious about?
How do you think they keep cars aligned?
Well let's fix that notion, for the novice user without understanding, yes ok there might be some concerns. You could add some offset cam bushings that pre-articulate degree changes or rotate the busing to move small amounts for fine-tuning then tighten it down, preferred with a torque wrench.
Scan_20230109 fork tube alignment ajuster.jpg
So as a builder, I may want to move around and reset my bike's alignment from time to time as I change and adjust for stuff in R&D it may. It may not take too much to come up with some alignment methods - this is where a pen laser and tubing for holders and a yardstick/meter stick and perhaps a couple of plumb balls and some gear clamps, you could utilize a laser lever or a magnet level, or sorts, etc. or even some gun bore alignment laser as tools. Lots of creative tools as DIY for making some sort of alignment tools.
838f64e8fa2a685ba3bf80222d783692.jpg
and of course perhaps a good-quality bicycle stand.
5479d82f267c68d5a51f6f906f603186.jpg
a33813613a70373538d72799897a0b9c.jpg
Something like this, that is going to hold everything up, and perhaps being to sit on the bike for weight reasons to double check your alignments, when you weigh in. you're getting the aliment your looking for. or changed your setup with saddle bags or new tires. And this way you can check for balances in weight. Etc.
Base+Geo+Blank+Chart+FFS+glitter.png

bike chart The link to the page I was referencing with some build numbers articulating a 66.5 HTA for instance but from here it does provide a reference to alignment numbers and also articulate where you want to base your measurements from and then how will articulate that with some tools and a procedure that works - this + this articulates = this. This was the Reason I articulated some adjustments in my design to articulate geometry settings you where place punch marks numbers or letters etc... for various settings if that is a thing switching out tires for a different style of riding in trails etc.

If you have any other ideas in areas of alignment in geometry let me know. I had to include that into my battle crafting theory as zombies may push us onto paths or down pathways we did not anticipated. :)

Last edited:

Zombiebuilder

Jan 8, 2023
These will fit a 1" threaded 180mm steer tube for conversion to 1 1/8 Threadless would be to mix and match sets for each just measure carefully to get the right fit...
Well thank you for the site, they also have some good prices as well, I never gave mopeds much thought, Where I live we don't see much of them except really old ones. I thought of them as more mini bikes, I live up more in the boonies. I guess I need to get more often lol.