Dellorto clone carb on 4 stroke? Possible? Which jet size?

GoldenMotor.com

JCraven94

Jul 29, 2017
Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone could enlighten me on this situation. I want to run my Dellorto clone on my 49cc 4 stroke bike I'm building. I really like the carb and it's so nice and simple to tune. Was just wondering first off if it will work. I've seen guys use the NT carbs with no problem, so I'm assuming it will. If it does, which jet size should I start at? I already have the intake adapter and a genuine Dellorto jet kit ranging from 50-72. I have a custom built straight pipe that's about medium length (basing of of something like BBR's long pipe) if that adds into anything. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy JC. Did ya do a search? I think there was a great thread on exactly that and then went into experimenting with jetting options. If I remember correctly.

JCraven94

Jul 29, 2017
Yes, I searched extensively, maybe I wasn't entering the correct criteria. Most.of what I found was for a 2 stroke application.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Don't ya hate that!? LoL and I work here.

Some time a regular Google search, that oddly enough leads right back here. Will work.

Jut what I do, search (in google) motorbicycling+(your wording) and gets better results. I'm just swooned but will try it for you. But am sure some one failure will join in. Some times just some back and forth will get a thread noticed.

Some one will without a doubt, have tried it.

I know. Annoying to not get instant answers. Having a major issue with just that, my own dang self.
Not fun.

But don't give up. Well get it!

JCraven94

Jul 29, 2017
Haha, well thank you! I'll try and dig into it some more to see if it lends me any results.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Had a pause and did a search but did not go threw them, JC.

But the titles look promising; https://www.google.com/search?q=mot...ZAhXmgFQKHdm_CUUQrQIIMigEMAA&biw=1216&bih=744

I'm almost sure I've seen just what your asking. If research fails, do what I do (most especially if it's said or your told it's not possible) Just do it!

Whats the worst that can happen?

Or

"Your Honer, That fire/ explosion/ bank robbery was blazing when I got there .......

JCraven94

Jul 29, 2017
I've actually managed to pull up most of those threads in my search haha. I actually did just decide to dive in. Started at a 65, it ran on choke but really didn't want to run off of choke, would die right out if you gave it any throttle, and the idle was really high. I then started increasing jet size till I hit the biggest one I have which is the 72. I can get it to stay running and actually got it to move under it's own power, but it still stumbles in the low end and the throttle response is extremely vague. Currently waiting on a 75-98 kit I just ordered since I'm pretty sure she still needs more fuel. Thank you for all your help!

Reactions: Dan