DAX Titan 4 stroke ?'s

GoldenMotor.com
May 10, 2008
Nappanee, IN
Hi, i have a new mongoose xr250 full suspension MB i want to put a rack mount on and use on my 30ml. round trip work commute. i've searched thru tons of stuff on 2 forums and numerous vendor sites and very confident i can achieve this.

? 1 is there a white wire style lighting solution with the 4 stroke engines ?

? 2 this bike weighs about 45# and i'm 135# can i gear this setup to cruise at say 3/4 throttle at 45mph ?

i live at the edge of a very small town and will be on VERY low traffic county blacktops through farm country, speed enforcement will be zero.

? 3 has anyone used the billet machine clam shell sprocket carrier from livefast (ebay) ? this seems like a good product and solution for spoke problems.

thanks,
steve

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi steve and welcome to the site. dax is a member and i will let him answer the question on the speed for i am not sure. i know people are getting in the high 30's but not sure about the 40's which is pretty fast on a motorized bicycle. i also ordered a titan and looking forward to recieving it.
i have not tried the clam shell and heard they are a real bear to work with so i opted to getting a rear wheel with disk brake mounts to mount the rear sprocket to.
the 4 stroke bicycle motors do not have a white wire on them.
dax will take good care of you. i had lots of questions prior to ordering my dax 4 stroke bicycle motor and he was awesome at answering my questions ect before i ordered. can't wait to here about your build. i am moving to the virgin islands sunday and will post my build and we can share ideas. here is the mountain bike i will be putting the motor on http://motorbicycling.com/f15/my-mountain-bike-soon-motorized-67.html

May 10, 2008
Nappanee, IN
Hi Cruiser,
thanks for the welcome and reply.

i produce project specific custom motorcycle parts as a sideline of my tuning buisness and i thought the clam shell mount looked pretty good. the only concern i had was how thick it is and clearance issues on the outside, near the frame rails. i can even remidy that with the machines i have.

i will really value any user comments about this.

i saw your thread about your HT mountain bike and was going to contact you about those wheels. do you know of any mag type 26" wheels that would work with a 7 speed free wheel and have a disk brake mount ? i'd like to find a front that would work for disk too.

thanks,
steve

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i have seen them on ebay but the seller that had them i would not buy from. i sold those carbon wheels and went with a spoke wheel with the disk brake mount on them. i like the carbon fiber wheels for looks only for they were cool however they were not perfectly round or something. on the trails great but on the road they felt like crap kept having that lunging feeling that is anoying as heck. i would rather have spokes i can fine tune. i really do not think their will be any problem with the spokes with the sprocket mounted to the disk brake mount at all but i will let you all know. nice thing is i will be able to switch sprockets in a matter of minutes. st croix highs are 84 and lows are 76 so i will be putting alot of miles on it and giving it a good testing :D

May 10, 2008
Nappanee, IN
yes, i'm thinking it will be easiest to just switch over to a stock unit disk brake wheel and use that mount.

i haven't had spokes on my motorcycles for 20 odd yrs. and wasn't too keen on having to mess with them.

thanks,
steve