confused about MN laws

GoldenMotor.com

younggun85

Jun 23, 2013
minnesota
It seems that electric motorized bicycles with the same power as a gas powered bicycle are still seen as bicycles and get use all bike paths and sidewalks. Gas motorized bicyles can not. To me it also seems that my whizzer with a 138cc motor and top speed of 60mph would be considered a motor scooter or motorcycle and will require all the same endorsements and equipment as a motorcycle... unless I lie about the size of the engine and don't get pulled over. I am hoping there is some kind of loophole since it will be on a 1952 bicycle and the motor is accentually a reproduction of a 1950 motor. This is making me contemplate trading for an electric motor. I have always thought it would be sweet to have a straightbar schwinn with a front hub drive and the battery pack hidden in the tank. Plus I don't have to worry about exhaust in the kids' face.crt.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The reason eBikes can ride bike trails is because there's a federal law says bike trails made with federal dollars have to allow eBikes, and certain other electric vehicles, like Segway's, and personal mobility vehicles access. Gas powered motor bicycles aren't included in the law.

Scootscootmn

Aug 24, 2021
The real kicker is a 49cc bike is considered a moped but my 49cc foot scooter is completely legal nothing needed at all it totally BS if you ask me