Complete rookie.

GoldenMotor.com

Judd67

Jul 5, 2021
Hey! Glad to be part of this group.
I'm an old math teacher with limited experience mechanically.

VERY open to suggestions always, and know I will make mistakes....the fun part.

Question...what's the best kit to buy for a rookie???
Thanks in advance....I'm ready to get in on the fun.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Hey! Glad to be part of this group.
I'm an old math teacher with limited experience mechanically.

VERY open to suggestions always, and know I will make mistakes....the fun part.

Question...what's the best kit to buy for a rookie???
Thanks in advance....I'm ready to get in on the fun.
You first need to determine if you want a 4 stroke or 2 stroke. Then you need to determine what kind of frame you want to use. Last you need to determine what kind of engine mount you would like to use.

Here's pictures of my bike.

20210704_204744.jpg

20210704_204619.jpg

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Now that you have an idea of what you want, what kind of riding are you wanting to do; pavement, dirt or both? Also how much of a budget is going into the build? I'm going to assume you're wanting a mid-frame mount. Just to let you know, it always ends up being more than you planned lol

Judd67

Jul 5, 2021
I guess I'm not sure what mid frame mount is...
I'm a 54 year old math teacher whose kids are almost all outta the house. I want to spend enough money to make sure it's fun...

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Welcome to the forum anonymouse math teacher. As a math teacher, the laws of physics are not a mystery. You got a leg up on most. #5. Does that mean you want a hobby project or a rider. Having done the former I recommend the later.
Least expensive and early production had engineering faults, but a rider. PHATMOTO™ Rover 2021 - 79cc Motorized Bicycle with Hilliard Clutch (Bl | Gasbike.net
Well engineered, you get what you pay for and well supported. SPORTSMAN 80 | SPORTSMAN FLYER MOTORBIKES
I ride a Sportsman 80. And honestly the PHATMOTO with a Bully clutch would be a great ride.
The Mountain bike is only a candidate for a 2smoke. Sava it for exercise. The two above for thrills for your middle age.
Tom

Judd67

Jul 5, 2021
I
Welcome to the forum anonymouse math teacher. As a math teacher, the laws of physics are not a mystery. You got a leg up on most. #5. Does that mean you want a hobby project or a rider. Having done the former I recommend the later.
Least expensive and early production had engineering faults, but a rider. PHATMOTO™ Rover 2021 - 79cc Motorized Bicycle with Hilliard Clutch (Bl | Gasbike.net
Well engineered, you get what you pay for and well supported. SPORTSMAN 80 | SPORTSMAN FLYER MOTORBIKES
I ride a Sportsman 80. And honestly the PHATMOTO with a Bully clutch would be a great ride.
The Mountain bike is only a candidate for a 2smoke. Sava it for exercise. The two above for thrills for your middle age.
Tom
Live in a town of about 200 people. Roads are all gravel. I probably would only ride it for fun.
I am a obsessive kinda personality, so I could see myself doing more than one project eventually. Thank you for your advice . I'll have to check out these suggestions.

Judd67

Jul 5, 2021
I

Live in a town of about 200 people. Roads are all gravel. I probably would only ride it for fun.
I am a obsessive kinda personality, so I could see myself doing more than one project eventually. Thank you for your advice . I'll have to check out these suggestions.
I'm also looking forward to the build....
Do you have ideas for best kit for me to buy?

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
BikeBerry will get you going. I have few valid complaints of their Huasheng 49cc kit, but the Zeda is a better fit in that Chinese Schwinn MB frame you have.
When I was 35 in 1986, my business partner talked me into buying a brand new Honda XR 250. Great bike for a lot of reasons. Knobby's rule on gravel. The best reason I sold it was, where he went, scared the living pee out of me.
I fantasized for years about a road tire version. Gearing was for low RPM obstacle maneuvers. Road wise in full tuck, left arm on my back, WOT 55Mph. But on gravel? Like riding on rails. Knobbies.
Lots of people look to this forum as a way to get past a DUI. Keep us abreast of your progress.
By the way, Christian names are preferred. Anonymity gains little interest. My name is Tom Peterson. I am a certified Tool an Die Maker, living in Rubicon. Wisconsin. I fixed the member map. The moderators as usual rounded me off to West Bend.
Tom

Reactions: Judd67

Judd67

Jul 5, 2021
My name is Jarrod but my dad always called me Judd.

My students all call me Dale, my last name. This is really the name I go by.
I'm not avoiding dui; I have time on my hands since I haven't turned on my TV for over a year. Don't miss it at all either.

Reactions: Tyler6357

Judd67

Jul 5, 2021
BikeBerry will get you going. I have few valid complaints of their Huasheng 49cc kit, but the Zeda is a better fit in that Chinese Schwinn MB frame you have.
When I was 35 in 1986, my business partner talked me into buying a brand new Honda XR 250. Great bike for a lot of reasons. Knobby's rule on gravel. The best reason I sold it was, where he went, scared the living pee out of me.
I fantasized for years about a road tire version. Gearing was for low RPM obstacle maneuvers. Road wise in full tuck, left arm on my back, WOT 55Mph. But on gravel? Like riding on rails. Knobbies.
Lots of people look to this forum as a way to get past a DUI. Keep us abreast of your progress.
By the way, Christian names are preferred. Anonymity gains little interest. My name is Tom Peterson. I am a certified Tool an Die Maker, living in Rubicon. Wisconsin. I fixed the member map. The moderators as usual rounded me off to West Bend.
Tom
Thank you for your help.

Judd67

Jul 5, 2021
Tom
Is the zeda 80 on the bikeberry site?