Clutch

GoldenMotor.com

Pablodmoet

Jul 26, 2020
My bike runs when I start it, I have raise it or it will take off! Is it the clutch not disengaging?

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Friendly tip:
Keeping your queries regarding this problem under one thread will get you the response you're after.
Yeah, could be as simple as clutch not disengaging. Check and adjust clutch cable properly.

Pablodmoet

Jul 26, 2020
Friendly tip:
Keeping your queries regarding this problem under one thread will get you the response you're after.
Yeah, could be as simple as clutch not disengaging. Check and adjust clutch cable properly.
Yes but it does it even without the cable just starting it

Pablodmoet

Jul 26, 2020
Thank you guys ALOT! I found the problem a frozen clutch. Its locked in the open position. So it propels the bike when the motor starts. New clutch. Plus its looks beat up for a trip around the block! Lol

VMaxer

Jul 28, 2020
My clutch also has issues. First, the center bolt backed out on two of the shoes which meant it would try to take off as soon as I started it. Now, one of the pads has come unglued. I need to get a new clutch, I'm not too keen on this style clutch, think I will by the traditional type with the external springs...