Clutch won’t release

GoldenMotor.com

SiccmaDE7930

Jul 13, 2018
No matter how far the arm is pulled in for the clutch it will not release to allow the bike to freewheel.

Any ideas what could be going on?

Thanks for the help

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
If it's a brand new engine kit?, the clutch is usually stuck from sitting in a box for months!!

Just pull the clutch lever in & roll the bike back & forth until it breaks loose. ;)

SiccmaDE7930

Jul 13, 2018
How long should I have to roll it around for? Did it for a decent bit but wouldn’t release.

Thanks again

SiccmaDE7930

Jul 13, 2018
The chain jumps when trying to use your method to free up the clutch. Trying to resolve that issue first with the tensioner and or chain length. Sorry

Bob E.

Jul 24, 2018
MI
Just put one together today. Mine didn't want to freewheel either. I thought it was a clutch issue at first, but realized the chain was contacting the front side of the cover (between the sprocket and the magneto cover). I had to clearance the cover with a grinder.

Zeeb

Apr 10, 2018
hey, make sure your clutch cover is on tight too. otherwise the cam won't push the clutch in far enough to disengage.
it's easy to overlook something simple while trying to troubleshoot. ive done it myself more times than id like to admit.