Clutch Issues?

GoldenMotor.com

paulbc2

Apr 8, 2018
I am new to this forum and also new to the whole world of motorized bicycles. I recently just purchased my first bike motor, an seeutek 80cc from amazon is what i purchased. I Installed the motor yesterday smoothly. Only issue i first noticed was that once the chain was installed i could no longer move the rear wheel. I removed the casing of the clutch and removed the butterfly nut and tapped on the 3 prongs that hold the plate and it broke free allowing the rear wheel to spin finally.

Now my current issue is that when Im pedaling trying to get it started the clutch is not engaging.

anything i should look into far as how to fix this??

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I am new to this forum and also new to the whole world of motorized bicycles. I recently just purchased my first bike motor, an seeutek 80cc from amazon is what i purchased. I Installed the motor yesterday smoothly. Only issue i first noticed was that once the chain was installed i could no longer move the rear wheel. I removed the casing of the clutch and removed the butterfly nut and tapped on the 3 prongs that hold the plate and it broke free allowing the rear wheel to spin finally.

Now my current issue is that when Im pedaling trying to get it started the clutch is not engaging.

anything i should look into far as how to fix this??
It's possible that your clutch cable is too tight and not allowing the clutch to engage. If that isn't the problem try adjusting the flower nut. Follow these procedures in this thread---> https://motorbicycling.com/threads/clutch-cable-and-clutch-adjusting-procedures.22726/

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
yes, when you removed the flower nut, it got out of proper adjustment - easy fix

paulbc2

Apr 8, 2018
Yup that was the problem, guess I didn't tighten it up enough first time. Got her running now! Thanks for the help guy's!

Reactions: Tyler6357

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
only if you moved flower nut (or if it wasn't set right when first assembled at factory)