Clutch accuator pin

GoldenMotor.com

sepress1

Apr 24, 2022
I was brought a bicycle with some Chinese Ebay motor kit on it. The clutch accuator pin, (threaded one that goes into the pressure plate), wobbles inside the clutch bearing/spring shaft but won't move in or out. The clutch does not function. How do I get this to move and operate the clutch?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, I would start by taking the chain cover off to see if the bucking bar and ball are there. Remove them and add some oil in the hole and let it sit. You'll probably have to lean the engine to the right to let the oil seep in. Here's what you have inside.

Attachments

sepress1

Apr 24, 2022
Welcome to the forum, I would start by taking the chain cover off to see if the bucking bar and ball are there. Remove them and add some oil in the hole and let it sit. You'll probably have to lean the engine to the right to let the oil seep in. Here's what you have inside.
That looks correct. The bolt or rod that goes out to the clutch plate wiggles freely but won't move side to side.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
It should move in and out, the big spring in the picture applies the pressure, you can't pull it out by hand. Move the clutch arm by hand and see if the threaded shaft moves in and out.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If all parts are there the cam on the vertical shaft may be worn, these engines come with little to no grease in the vital places. The shaft has a flat spot that you can see in the picture below.
1650897252513.png

sepress1

Apr 24, 2022
I believe this bolt should move left/right, in/out, However you want to look at it. It wiggles a bit, but will not slide out of the clutch spring tube. I don't want to damage it by pounding it out?
bicycle clutch.jpg

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If you look at the animated pictures above you will se a pin that keeps the push rod in the shaft.

Last edited:

sepress1

Apr 24, 2022
I put the clutch shaft in between a couple of deep sockets and then into a vise. The internal bolt does indeed move. The spring is just much stronger than i had assumed. So it looks like the parts needed are the "Bucking Bar" and the ball bearing. C an i simply source these from the hardware store? The internal shaft diameter seems to be about ..328". 8mm or 5/16" seems closest.
Is the bucking bar some sort of special steel?