chopped stretched cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

damonjackson_spl

Dec 2, 2008
Hoebart Australia
well i have bitten the bullet and decided to build a hand made from from recycled bike parts..

will be using a briggs and stratton 4HP motor with a complex jackshaft arrangement for pedal drive etc/,

enjoy..

cheers

D

Last edited:

damonjackson_spl

Dec 2, 2008
Hoebart Australia
i got a set of marzocchi triple T's from the mid 90's to go on it, 20mm thru axle and 5-6" of travel, should give me some more rake and a nice stiff front end!

just finshed the bobber seat brackets, will post pics tomz//

Rayzor

Feb 14, 2009
Bako, Ca
Thats pretty sweet! Are you going to make it only motorized, or will you still have some pedaling power?

damonjackson_spl

Dec 2, 2008
Hoebart Australia
yeah will be pedal power assist as well... see i have still retained a BMX bottom bracket at the front, I will be pushing it back thou to get more clearence for the crankarms/front wheel..

will run some 155mm from a mini BMX racing bike..

will get pics of the bobber seat up today..

cheers

D

...ladies

Jan 27, 2009
Ohio
Should shoot it down with a quick coat of flat black so we can see what it'l look like :) The shape looks good :)

damonjackson_spl

Dec 2, 2008
Hoebart Australia
Sweet! :)

Where did you find the springs??
they were salvaged from an old sprung cruiser saddle from a beach cruiser, all the parts were re-useable!! just had to weld some nuts to the frame and a hole for the threaded bar to recess down into..

work great, just need to glue some low profile padding and leather and i am away, going to drill 2mm holes at 10mm incriments so i can stitch the leather to the alloy seat pan..

cheers for the comments

damonjackson_spl

Dec 2, 2008
Hoebart Australia
OHHH

that is the freewheel mech for the hybriped freewheel rear end, has replaceable pins so you can lock the rear wheel, then unlock it so it freewheels like a normal bike, good for when you run out of petrol ;)

HYBRIPED is made in tasmania