Cheapest/fastest/best looking.

GoldenMotor.com

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
How about a competition where members compete to make the cheapest bike possible?

After all we have alot of people on here who do homebuilds :)

Probably best to have a 2-stroke and a 4-stroke class... with a special prize for the bike judged most ingenious..

What do you think?

Jemma xx

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Might want some specific rules though...

1 bike out of the garage. +
1 length of rope from the garage +
1 270hp turbocharged 4-cyl car sitting in the driveway =

145mph top speed and no money spent. I win :)

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL
Might want some specific rules though...

1 bike out of the garage. +
1 length of rope from the garage +
1 270hp turbocharged 4-cyl car sitting in the driveway =

145mph top speed and no money spent. I win :)
I JUST WONDER IF THE BEARINGS IN THE BIKE HUBS COULD GO 145 FOR MORE THAN OHHH LETS SAY 10 SEC. WITH OUT MELTING , EXPLODING, WELDING. LOCKING , OR ANY OTHER DESCRIPTIVE WORD THAT ENDS IN MISSING TEETH, FACE , CONCIOUSNESS,

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I think you forgot to mention life on the end of that :)

Definitely not something I would ever try....was just poking around for a laugh :)

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
*sigh* men (^)

I was thinking more of sticking to something with its own source of motive power...

and interesting thought occurs.. I wonder would it be possible to make/kitbash/scratchbuild an electric bike from scavenged parts?

Jemma xx

Last edited:

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
*sigh* men (^)

I was thinking more of sticking to something with its own source of motive power...

and interesting thought occurs.. I wonder would it be possible to make/kitbash/scratchbuild an electric bike from scavenged parts?

Jemma xx
Putting together an electric bike would be easy. But making it cheap is hard. Batteries are what runs up the bill.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Building an electric bike depends on what you want to do. I build a half dozen electric bikes before I went to gas....

Scooter motor on ebay 25bucks or so. Friction drive unit ten bucks Batteries whatever you want to spend. I ran around with 2 garden tractor batteries on a trailer. don't have much range that way

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Sounds like great fun. I will throw in 3 cool ball, Mr.Happy antenia toppers. As prise for all 3, both leagues. (4 and 2 stroker and zapper)

Super Fuel float bowl in the spring? Has to be a world champ after all.

Wut?

Last edited: