Chain just popped...new upgrade?

Discussion in 'Hubs, Gearboxes, Sprockets and Chains' started by Scypheroth, May 8, 2018.

1. Scypheroth

Scypheroth New Member

Hey guys chain just jumped and jammed up my rear tire and broke the chain, now im looking for a upgrade...I have the cheap china ebay engine kit. But i upgraded the rear hub assembly to a 44T hub adapter sprocket. HERE is the link to the sprocket. What is the best chain you can get? i was reading up on and it seems most ppl are using a 41 roller chain...this tuff enough? Need to get this beast up n running again ASAP as its my only mans of transportation.

2. Scypheroth

Scypheroth New Member

nvm i just ordered another 415

3. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

Some of those adapter sprockets have very wide tips on their teeth - I grind just the tips thinner for about 1/8 to 1/4 of the very tops so they will find the gaps in the chain more easily. A belt sander or file will also work as well as my grinder.

4. Scypheroth

Scypheroth New Member

by grind do u mean the sides of the tooth so it's narrower? not the tips right?

5. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

yes, sides of the tips - you want the tips to find the gap in the link between the side plates of the chain

6. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

A really good and economical upgrade is the KMC 415H bmx chain.

I have on on my race bike and it's held up under extreme conditions with no problems.