Chain Clearance

GoldenMotor.com

heibein49

Jun 19, 2008
Hello, I am new to this forum and I just received my new 80cc (chinese version) bicycle engine kit. I was starting to install last night and everything was going great until I had the engine mounted and I don't have sufficient chain clearance (rubs against the back fender and if I were to take the fender off I think it would rub against the tire). I have it mounted to a classic cruiser 1 speed with coaster brakes. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could improve the chain clearance.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Hello, I am new to this forum and I just received my new 80cc (chinese version) bicycle engine kit. I was starting to install last night and everything was going great until I had the engine mounted and I don't have sufficient chain clearance (rubs against the back fender and if I were to take the fender off I think it would rub against the tire). I have it mounted to a classic cruiser 1 speed with coaster brakes. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could improve the chain clearance.

Thanks.

When everything is lined up right you'll have to make an "adjustment" to the rear fender. Also, the tire may rub the chain lightly especially if it's a 2.125.

It's more important to have the chains and sprockets aligned than to have fender/tire clearance.

I outfit all my builds with 1.90's and they work great.