centrifugal clutch

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by hot rodder, Feb 24, 2009.

1. hot rodder

hot rodder New Member

has any one used a centrifugal clutch thats offered for sale on ebay it is made for 49 to 80cc
    motor and you can still use dry clutch to start the motor.I was thinking about using one on my trike
    tricycle.JPG

#1 hot rodder, Feb 24, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  2. toytime

toytime New Member

3. donuts31

donuts31 New Member

Mine broke after 15 minutes of riding. First the starter cord broke then the clutch itself wouldn't allow me to pedal start and when i fixed the cord, the clutch wouldn't engage. I haven't had time to figure it out yet.

4. John-Forrest

John-Forrest New Member

What IS a centrifugal clutch? Does that mean you don't have to pull clutch in when stopping or going?

5. toytime

toytime New Member

Yes, just like a chainsaw or snowblower and most other small motorized tool. As you rev it up, the clutch engages. From what I've read about them as far as these kits go, I'd stay far away from them-too cheap.

6. Russell

Russell Well-Known Member

The c-clutch has a one way roller setup(freewheel) built in which allows it to be pedal started. The pull start is not needed. The hand clutch works as normal(always). The idle must be set fairly low. To keep the clutch from kicking in.

Attached Files:

7. Russell

Russell Well-Known Member

You usually need to use the hand clutch when stopping. The motor rpm remains a little to high due to the motor being draged by the chain. Once stopped the clutch can be released. Then you rev up the motor and off you go!