CE billet intake

GoldenMotor.com

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
with any luck, my package from pirate cycles should be at my door sometime today.. which is a slant head and gasket. but I also threw in a Creative Engineering billet intake.. I know the clutch bolt has to get trimmed, but which 1? the 1 that the clutch cable goes thru, or the 1 that goes down into the case?

my engine is also fairly level, and with the stock intake, the carb is tipped down a bit in the rear. so the billet intake should really help

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
with any luck, my package from pirate cycles should be at my door sometime today.. which is a slant head and gasket. but I also threw in a Creative Engineering billet intake.. I know the clutch bolt has to get trimmed, but which 1? the 1 that the clutch cable goes thru, or the 1 that goes down into the case?

my engine is also fairly level, and with the stock intake, the carb is tipped down a bit in the rear. so the billet intake should really help
I use Jim's intake also....and haven't an issue with it's placement......it bolted right on and the carb float bowl is slightly touching the clutch cable ( spring ).....I've not noticed anything untoward....works perfectly for me ....and is a drastic improvement performance wise...there's no comparison...Jim's intakes are ported and polished and a direct shot to the barrel....they'll make your bike go at least five miles an hour faster....I'm not kidding...

Good luck,
Salty.shft.

Last edited:

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
cool. thanks.. shipment didn't come tho.. probably tomorrow.. did get my new welding helmet tho

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
well, I made a $51 mistake..

pulled the intake, but broke 1 of the studs off removing it.. drilled it out with the correct drill for the tap, but accidently drilled on an angle and drilled into the port... so I pulled it all apart and ordered a new cylinder, exhaust gasket, cylinder head gasket and base gasket from gasbike.net.. would have went thru Pirate Cycles but there out of the cylinders. so to keep 1 order for everything, I just ordered it all from gasbike

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
well, I made a $51 mistake..

pulled the intake, but broke 1 of the studs off removing it.. drilled it out with the correct drill for the tap, but accidently drilled on an angle and drilled into the port... so I pulled it all apart and ordered a new cylinder, exhaust gasket, cylinder head gasket and base gasket from gasbike.net.. would have went thru Pirate Cycles but there out of the cylinders. so to keep 1 order for everything, I just ordered it all from gasbike
Oh boy!......sorry to hear this....but you did good to order from Gasbike.....I ordered some parts once from them and they arrived three days later.....keep us posted on the progress....

Laters,
Salty.shft.

Last edited:

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
I'll update when I get the parts.. but I'll port the new cylinder a bit also, so I'll end up with a little more power.. probably remove the engine from the bike and temp mount it to an old girls bike frame I have. to make it a little easier working on it

Last edited:

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I'll update when I get the parts.. but I'll port the new cylinder a bit also, so I'll end up with a little more power.. probably remove the engine from the bike and temp mount it to an old girls bike frame I have. to make it a little easier working on it
Dang !....that's a great idea for working on an engine....mounting it to a girls frame...holy cow !....keep us posted will ya ?

Laters,
Salty.shft.

psprat496

Nov 22, 2009
New Jersey
Read your thread and was just wondering how the intakes doing. Any performance gains? Did you end up having any clearance issues?

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
I don't know yet. it's not togther yet ( new cylinder is in shipping ).. and I'll have to break in the engine again being I'm going to install the new cylinder with a new set of rings

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
I just installed a billet head I got from Pirate Cycles....Wow what a decent perf. gain from it....Much smoother from idle all the way through....Bottom end torque is very noticeable.....When I first put the head on and started it , the piston was hitting until I remembered that I had shaved some off the top of the cyl.... So I ended up putting on another head gasket(used one)..... .030 thick....
I think my Chinese motor is stronger/faster than my Japanese bicycle can handle now....lol...
Paul...

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I just installed a billet head I got from Pirate Cycles....Wow what a decent perf. gain from it....Much smoother from idle all the way through....Bottom end torque is very noticeable.....When I first put the head on and started it , the piston was hitting until I remembered that I had shaved some off the top of the cyl.... So I ended up putting on another head gasket(used one)..... .030 thick....
I think my Chinese motor is stronger/faster than my Japanese bicycle can handle now....lol...
Paul...
Now...if you were to cut down your clutch cable stanchion by 1/4" and install the "shorty" billet intake I sent you...you will gain about 1200rpm and some top speed. Don't forget the helmet...speed is speed, even if it is a bicycle.

Jim

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
If your living on the edge , you`re taking up too much space....

Your quote is incorrect.....it's " If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space "..........just so you know :)

Salty.shft.

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
If your living on the edge , you`re taking up too much space....

Your quote is incorrect.....it's " If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space "..........just so you know :)

Salty.shft.
Thats cool...I like it like it is....Sorry it bothers you...Its right to me and thats all that matters....Unless your already over the edge,lol....

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Now...if you were to cut down your clutch cable stanchion by 1/4" and install the "shorty" billet intake I sent you...you will gain about 1200rpm and some top speed. Don't forget the helmet...speed is speed, even if it is a bicycle.

Jim
Oh I`ve cut the clutch post down and the billet intake is on....Put it on with the head.....Figured I`d run them as a set....Everything is working as it should once I got the head gasket /piston thing figured out.....wee.

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Now I need a better bicycle....Thanks,lol..............
I guess I could weld in some gussets here and there.....It`s not like it`s going into tank slappers ,but it feels like it might if I pushed it over center.....35 to 40 is all I trust with THIS bike.....It`s just a $50 Craigslist Jap. beach Cruiser.....

You can just make out a brace I welded in on both sides to stabilize as much as possible just in case....

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Now I need a better bicycle....Thanks,lol..............
I guess I could weld in some gussets here and there.....It`s not like it`s going into tank slappers ,but it feels like it might if I pushed it over center.....35 to 40 is all I trust with THIS bike.....It`s just a $50 Craigslist Jap. beach Cruiser.....
I know exactly what you mean...some of mine, here at the shop, have been fast...and I really start to wonder if I'm pushing it with the bike I have built.

Two local guys...Turtle Ted & Kawasaki have had bad mishaps that left them in the hospital for weeks! Turtle Ted is lucky to be alive!

It's going to be really important from here on out that newbees know that it is the "bike" that qualifies for speed...not the engine!

Spread the word!

Jim