CDH67 question

GoldenMotor.com

Mr.Herron

Jul 7, 2024
Does anyone know of a good exhaust brace that will stabilize the pipe cause if not it will blow a gasket and has already bent a exhaust bolt... Check out the picture, the pipe is a little long for this bike and the lip on the pipe is back farther from bike frame... Also could I re tap to a 8mm??

Attachments

Reactions: fasteddy

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
That pipe needs to be supported. The size of the bolts holding the exhaust flange on is not a problem, but it soon will be if the pipe is hanging on those. You need at least one big support preferably 2 or 3. On my last 212 build I had the flange plus 3 suppports. Head mount, header end frame support, and a muffler mount made of some 3” tube shaped to silencer, holding with two hose clamps.

Attachments

Mr.Herron

Jul 7, 2024
Thanks and I'll have to try and make something to work... Now I have the exhaust manifold bolt hole stripped...

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Thanks and I'll have to try and make something to work... Now I have the exhaust manifold bolt hole stripped...
Get a friend with a welder and fab it up. You could probably find an M6 helicoil set locally but the tap size would be similar to 8mm so make sure you have room. Btw that pipe must be FULLY supported and maybe only using the flange for 20% of support MAX. Not a light pipe anyway.