Can’t get c clip back onto bt carb needle

GoldenMotor.com

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
Hi everyone. I yesterday I was trying to put my throttle cable into the carb and the needle fell out and the tiny c clip on it came off and I can’t get it back on. What can I do to get it back on? Thanks!

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Hi everyone. I yesterday I was trying to put my throttle cable into the carb and the needle fell out and the tiny c clip on it came off and I can’t get it back on. What can I do to get it back on? Thanks!
Yes the needle Clip can be a little hard to put on with your fingers.
What I do - On my workbench - I line up the Clip in the needle groove I want.
Then I press the needle with clip against the workbench. The clip slides on.
Careful to line up the clip in the needle groove correctly because ya don't want to bend it

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I was looking at it today and unfortuneatly it looks like one side of it is just a tad bent. Is there a place I can get a replacement? or a tool small enough to get it on? I don't have access to a workbench sadly.

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I was looking at it today and unfortuneatly it looks like one side of it is just a tad bent. Is there a place I can get a replacement? or a tool small enough to get it on? I don't have access to a workbench sadly.
Any flat surface will do to press the clip on the needle
If the clip is bent, straighten it out. Got a pair of small needle nose pliers?
A replacement Clip IDK I never lost one and had to order another one
I would have to look on line , But I'm sure there is a replacement Clip out there.

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
I looked on E-bay for NT carb needle clip and seen some for about $2

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
IDK if ya understand I'll try and explain putting the clip on the needle again
Put the clip on a flat surface
Press the needle onto the clip against the flat surface

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
Yes I understand now wrench. It just so happend after my last reply to you I tried your idea and got it back on and the carb back together. Thanks for your help its much appreciated!

Reactions: wrench