Cabwaylingo state forest

GoldenMotor.com

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
Took mom to Cabwaylingo state forest to stay in a log cabin built in 1933, for her 80th birthday. She took her ride and i took my ride.

Dirt bikes, atv, etc., are prohibited, but motorized bicycles are not... they are welcomed like any other bicycle rider. and the admin himself, a really great guy named Stewart, may be building himself one very soon.

I actually thought of you guys when i was taking these.

The bike did fantastic, btw... ate those hills (and trails) like candy.

Attachments

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Looks like fun! Great you have Mom to see the place also!

I'm waiting to see what it is like when forest fires are out here and my health is better. Have not seen a group of 747 Tankers flying anymore and visibility at one time to less than 2 block. National Guard help is departing too. We had rain and the weather is cooling. I plan to see a car show with hit & miss engine antiques next month.

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
she turned down an all expense paid trip to the beach to go there instead. she said "if i wanted to see water, i can look in the bathtub"
she was actually raised in a log cabin, very much like that one. she said that only the rich people had concrete between their logs, everybody else used mud. and her cabin had "real" dirt floors... lol

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I do prefer cement with some kind of floor and matting and carpet, but I have some akin to the dirt floor. My motor bike gets stored on it. Other apartment residents have gravel added to the dirt floor in their garages.

I have a lot of loose dusty dirt on top of hard pack dirt. I guess I could manually move some of the gravel pile around the property to inside my garage, but that is hard work.

I already shoveled hard packed dirt to a depth of about 3 inches to rid of roofing nails all packed through out the soil and on the surface. This was limited to just a few feet around the entrance to my garage. Then I had to move to dirt with nails in it to the dumpster. I was not going to try to pick all the nails out even with use of a magnet. Then to replace it with the gravel.

I have replaced my bike rear tube and tire when it had a flat The front I did not, but before I ride again I have a new tube and tire swapped in.

I moved away from the bay and ocean, I would plan to be closer than 4 hours away as the bath tub I can't appreciate. Even with bath salts, can't go for that!

Windsurfing does require water and a area that has more steady winds. I'd prefer to sail bays, oceans, and sounds... those are apt to have thermal constant winds. Lakes not so good. The Columbia River is a haven for windsurfing between Washington and Oregon if it is a good year.

Some day to get back there in sight of Snow Capped Mount Hood. I also can have the ale with the Mountain name Rainier without having to go to Seattle Washington.

I remember Ballantine XXX Ale back East. I'm not surprised that even though Pabst bought Ballintine and is now made in California, it is only sold From maybe New Jersey to New York. Peils was another that was sold in the same region and was made in California after it was moved from St Louis before it was discontinued.