Briggs and Stratton Bike

GoldenMotor.com

denbecr

Oct 21, 2008
Illinois
Here's another Briggs & Stratton FWD bike. YouTube - homemade moped, front wheel drive motorbike
This video is nearly 20 yrs. old now.
The bike is made of bed frame "angle iron", 4 hp B&S, a kart/minibike clutch and a rear minibike wheel.
The only problems it has is that vibration reduces the life of headlight bulbs and makes rear view mirrors useless; both solvable problems. A vertical chainline makes chain tension more critical. I should add a tensioner but I use shims under the engine instead.
Click "more from dennbecr" on the Youtube page to see a pusher trailer, skate pusher & sailbike.

Last edited:

CDNBiker

Jul 22, 2009
Toronto
The French built Solex bikes were front wheel (FRICTION) drive with a 50cc 2 stroke. I am in the final stages of restoring one - will post some pics when done. Probably not as much torque as that beast you have however...

Ditchrider

Jun 25, 2011
California
I like the idea of putting the pulley on the outside of the fork, guess that would work on the back too. The local hardware store has a lot of different sizes of those pulleys but it's hard to find the tin bolt to the spokes pulleys. I was thinking about welding 2 rims togather , using one for the tire and the other for a pulley. 20 mph is fast enough for me on a bicycle.