Brand new builder brand new bike!!!! Check it out

GoldenMotor.com

Huffydavidson937

Mar 4, 2021
Hey every one so last summer i bought one of these bicycles built on a mnt bike pre built and i fell in love but i just built my first bicycle my self. I was a bit nervous so i got the kit and the bicycle and off i went it took me about 7 hours just to build it i have yet to gas it up and try to start because it was to dark but its built and i feel a a bit of acomplishment im going to post some pics checkem out
Your fellow motorbicyclist
Josh
20210307_000322.jpg
20210307_000330.jpg

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Nice, looking build
I suggest to use an exhaust pipe to frame bracket.
Also use a muffler clamp cradle (U Bolt Cradle) for the U bolt your using for an engine mount bracket.

Reason being the muffler vibrates and wiggles causing the exhaust bolts to come loose and
then ya get an exhaust leak blowing the exhaust gasket also ya wouldn't want your muffler get yanked off by something A bracket will help to secure the muffler and help prevent vibrating from the engine..

The U bolt without a cradle can cause the frame get dented, weakening it and the frame can crack in that spot from engine vibrations. A cradle distributes the clamping forces evenly.

I like the look of the front fender but their known to break off because of a weak mounting bracket. What can happen is the bracket breaks over time because of vibrations.
Causing the fender to wrap around the front tire the fender brace wraps around the axle then it wedges into the front tire stopping the bike sending the rider Flying over the handle bars to break his neck. This has happened to many people
I suggest changing the fender L bracket to a stronger L bracket and bolts or add another fender brace in front of the forks.
Most people just remove the front fender for safety

If ya notice the old vintage USA bikes they have 2 fender braces for safety.
But to cut costs China only uses one fender brace. I guess they figure the bicycle will never go very fast. But now that its a M/B and gonna reach speeds of 40 MPH the vibrations make the front fender a safety issue.

Just a heads up I would hate for something to happen to your beautiful new M/B
Have Fun

Huffydavidson937

Mar 4, 2021
Well went through everything yesterday on the bike made sure everything was tight and just went over it after i filled it up with gas and it kicked over the very first go and is running awesome

Reactions: Tyler6357

Huffydavidson937

Mar 4, 2021
Right now im just using the coaster brake i actualy really like the coaster brake tho it works alot better than caliper brakes i also just installed a bullet head light gave it a lil extra lol .trkbrnot

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I would recommend that you at least get a front brake, coaster brakes are not designed to stop a motorized bicycle, they can get really hot and fail. You can use it as a secondary brake, but you should have most of your braking power on the front wheel.

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Huffydavidson937

Mar 4, 2021
I recently put a caliper on the front however i couldnt find a brake cable that would work but i dont really use the coaster hard i just barely push it to start slowing down from a distance ill post some pics of my bike here in a lil while i changed a few things

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Check that coaster brake often and maybe put grease in the hub just to help keep it cool. I can't see your front fork too well in the pictures, does it have mounts for calipers? Maybe you can look into cantilever brakes, they work great!

Huffydavidson937

Mar 4, 2021
The only spot it has is where the front fender was attached but i removed the front fender and put on the caliper style but the cable o had just wouldnt work i have never even heard of those ill have to do a lil research and see what i can find .shft.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
The only spot it has is where the front fender was attached but i removed the front fender and put on the caliper style but the cable o had just wouldnt work i have never even heard of those ill have to do a lil research and see what i can find .shft.
Well, they are just another way to connect the calipers with cables which makes them very easy to adjust but you have to have a fork with mounts for the calipers.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Nice build but get a useable front brake. This can literally be the difference between life and death. There's a very good reason why motorized two wheeled manufactured vehicles come with a double braking system. So a self built one should also take the same safety measures. Change out the forks if you have to.

Reactions: mapbike